The Office of Admissions
Located in northeast Ohio, Youngstown State University offers a wealth of activities, events and services to students. With just over 12,500 students and an average class size of 26, YSU presents more than 100 undergraduate majors and 35 master's and doctorate programs as well as easily accessible and dedicated faculty. Additionally, YSU offers internship and research opportunities at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Positioned in the top three of the most cost-effective state universities in Ohio, YSU is an investment you can be proud of.
Access information on how to apply as or to learn more about applying as a first year student, a transfer student, an adult student, or an international student. You'll also find information on financial aid and scholarships.
Youngstown State University offers nearly 40 programs leading to advanced certificates and master's and doctoral degrees. If you are ready to pursue a master's or doctoral degree, here are instructions for applying for domestic admissions and international admissions
Undergraduate Admissions Deadlines
- 08/01/16 The deadline to apply and submit all needed credentials to be admitted for fall classes. You should apply at least two months prior to this date to avoid delays.
- 12/01/16 The deadline to apply and submit all needed credentials to be admitted for spring classes. You should apply at least two months prior to this date to avoid delays.
- 02/15/17 EARLY Program Admissions Deadline
- 04/15/17 The deadline to apply and submit all needed credentials to be admitted for full summer classes and the first portion of summer classes . You should apply at least two months prior to this date to avoid delays.
- 05/15/17 The deadline to apply and submit all needed credentials to be admitted for the second and third portion of summer classes. You should apply at least two months prior to this date to avoid delays.
Youngstown State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, age, religion or veteran/military status in its programs and activities.
Title II/Section 504 Coordinator for Employees and others:
Kevin W. Reynolds
Chief Human Resources Officer
Title II/Section 504 Coordinator for Students:
Assistant Director of Disability Services
- Admission Requirements
- Adult Learner Information
- Application Deadlines
- Directions to our office
- Financial Aid, Tuition & Fees
- Graduate Programs
- High School Senior Checklist
- Office Staff Directory
- Request More Information
- Residency FAQ
- School Counselor Corner
- Trailblazer Scholarship*
- Undergraduate Majors
Schedule a Visit
Schedule your general campus visit on-line. If you would like to meet with other campus representatives during your visit to campus, please contact us prior to your visit and we'll make every attempt to accommodate you and your family.
After you have made your reservation a confirmation packet will be mailed/emailed to you containing directions and a campus map. Upon your arrival to campus you'll receive coupons that can be used at the Campus Bookstore and the Kilcawley Center Food Court.
We understand that each prospective student is different, so we encourage you to contact us with any concerns or questions that you may have.
Youngstown State University
Office of Admissions
Sweeney Welcome Center
One University Plaza
Youngstown, OH 44555
Toll Free: 877-GO-TO-YSU (877-468-6978)
Local Phone: 330-941-2000