Speak Your Mind: 2017 Noel Levitz Student Satisfaction Surveys
Through the 2017 Noel Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI) and Adult Student Priorities Survey (ASPS), students are asked to provide feedback on what is most important to them as well as how satisfied they are with different aspects of campus life. This information provides valuable feedback on where the University is best meeting students' needs, as well as where there are opportunities for the University to improve the student experiences. All YSU students were invited in Spring 2017 to participate in the survey. Over 2,000 students completed the survey.
|Survey Instrument||Response Rate||Respondents|
|SSI (undergraduate students 18-24)||19%||1,464|
|ASPS (undergraduate 25+ & graduate students)||22%||607|
- 2017 Noel Levitz Survey Quick Facts: Click here to download PDF report.
- 2017 Noel Levitz Overview Webinar: Click here to access recording. Use your YSU email credentials to view recording.
- 2017 Noel Levitz Full Data Set: Click here to access full set of SSI & ASPS data. Use your YSU email credentials to access PDF reports.
Please contact email@example.com if you are unable to access data or have any questions about accessing password-protected data, reports, and webinars.
Use your YSU email credentials to view recording or access data files.
Sharing Results (2017-2018)
- Data, reports, and webinars shared publicly on Office of Assessment website
January 2018 - March 2018
- Noel Levitz overview workshops hosted for major campus groups
- College-level/Office-level reports provided to Deans and interested stakeholders
April 2018 - May 2018
- "Lunch and Learn" format workshops focused on specific Noel Levitz scale topics and open to all of campus.
- Specific topic area presentations requested by campus constituents. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a presentation.
- Student continuous improvement project presentations (dates TBD)
- Final recommendations shared with Senior Leadership
Spring 2018 Lunch & Learn: Noel Levitz Data Conversations
These hour-long facilitated discussions focus on specific Noel Levitz data points and will provide the opportunity for participants to dive deeper into topic areas and generate recommendations for practice. Summaries of recommendations from sessions will be shared key key stakeholders.
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 12:30-1:30pm, Jones 3049: Academic Advising Effectiveness, Instructional Effectiveness, and Campus/Academic Services. Click here to RSVP.
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 12:30-1:30pm, Jones 3049: Recruitment/Admissions/Financial Aid, Registration Effectiveness, and Safety/Security. Click here to RSVP.
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 12:30-1:30pm, Jones 3049. Campus Life, Campus Climate, and Student Centeredness/Service Excellence. Click here to RSVP.
Partnership with Counseling Program
The Office of Assessment (OOA) is implementing a multifaceted approach to sharing and acting on Noel Levitz 2017 data that includes campus stakeholders at all levels. In addition to the dissemination activities above, during Spring 2018 OOA will be partnering with graduate students in the Student Affairs & College Counseling program to create continuous improvement research projects around specific challenge areas in the Noel Levitz data. The findings from these continuous improvement projects will be shared through various methods in Spring 2018.
*** If needed, please contact the Office of Assessment at email@example.com for webinar scripts.