Applications for the 2016 Assessment Poster Competition and Assessment Mini-Grants are closed! Thank you to all of the participants and winners!
Overview of both programs*
Best Practices in Assessment Poster Competition
More information on the Assessment Mini-Grant Program
The Youngstown State University Office of Assessment coordinates and supports assessment activities across campus. We support the accreditation standards of the Higher Learning Commission by assisting faculty and staff in systematic, comprehensive assessment and improvement of student learning. The Youngstown State University Mission and 2020 Strategic Plan guides our work in building a positive culture of assessment, using of data responsibly to improve institutional practice, and using assessment to support and promote student success.
6th Annual Assessment Appreciation Event and 5th Annual Best Practices in Assessment Poster Competition
The Office of Assessment recently celebrated campus-wide efforts in assessment to support student learning and student success in our 6th Annual Assessment Appreciation Event and 5th Annual Best Practices in Student Learning Poster Competition. Click the banner below to view a list of all volunteers, mini-grant projects, and poster entrants.
Over 50 attendees gathered on April 27th in the Chestnut room to view 11 student learning assessment project posters from across campus, recognize contributions by faculty and staff to learning outcomes assessment, and to announce winners of the Best Practices in Assessment Poster Competition and Innovation in Assessment Mini-Grant Awards. Special volunteer recognition and appprecation was offered by Provost Martin Abraham and Assessment Director Hillary Fuhrman. Full list of volunteers and awardees*. Electronic versions of all posters can be viewed on the Poster Competition and Mini-Grant Program pages.
2015 Assessment Appreciation and Poster Event
YSU Assessment in the News
- Student survey shows effective teaching, faculty engagement (March 31, 2014)
- (WFMJ) Survey shows engagement of YSU students (Feb. 26, 2014)
- Workshops focus on YSU student engagement survey (February 24, 2014)
- Assessment Newsletter-Spring 2014 Update (February 10, 2014)
- Assessment Newsletter-Fall 2013 Faculty Update
- YSU "graduates" from HLC Academy (March 6, 2013)
- Students encouraged to take NSSE survey (February 15, 2013)
- Success = building and connecting bridges (September 17, 2012)
- Expert on Learning Communities visits YSU (August 24, 2012)
- Assessment efforts recognized (April 18, 2012)
- Assessment: Patience, persistence and listening (April 17, 2012)
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Academic Assessment Reporting
- Co-Curricular Assessment Reporting
- Assessment Resources
- Best Practices in Assessment Poster Competition
- Assessment Mini-Grant Program
- Learning Outcomes and Curricular Maps
- Assessment Archives
- VSA College Portrait
- Assessment Council
- YSU Academy Team