2018 Continuous Improvement Volunteer Appreciation & Poster Showcase
The Office of Assessment celebrated campus-wide efforts in continuous improvement to support student learning and student success in our Continuous Improvement Volunteer Appreciation Event and Best Practices in Student Learning Poster Showcase. Over 75 attendees gathered on April 25th in the Chestnut Room to view 26 student learning assessment and mini project posters from across campus, recognize contributions by faculty and staff to learning outcomes assessment, and to announce winners of the Best Practices in Assessment Poster Competition and Innovation in Assessment Mini-Grant Awards. Special volunteer recognition and appreciation was offered by Dr. Martin Abraham and Assessment Director Hillary Fuhrman.
- Full list of volunteers and awardees*
- Electronic versions of all posters can be viewed on the Poster Showcase and Mini-Grant Program pages
The Youngstown State University Office of Assessment coordinates and supports assessment activities across campus. We support the accreditation standards of the Higher Learning Commission by assisting faculty and staff in systematic, comprehensive assessment and improvement of student learning. The Youngstown State University Mission and 2020 Strategic Plan guides our work in building a positive culture of assessment, using of data responsibly to improve institutional practice, and using assessment to support and promote student success.
Assessment in the News
- NSSE Spotlights YSU Data Conversion Efforts (June 1, 2018)
- Grants Focus on Improving Student Performance (May 10, 2018)
- Diversity Leadership Recognition Dinner: Culture of Communication (March 28, 2018)
- Survey: Students give high marks, but still room for improvement (January 24, 2017)
- Faculty and staff achievements (January 24, 2017)
- YSU Board of Trustees meeting summary, Nov. 30/Dec. 1 (December 2, 2016)
- Mini-Grant: YSU's Long Night Against Procrastination helps spur studying for finals (November 25, 2016)
- Faculty and staff achievements (December 11, 2015)
- YSU included in NSSE Best Practices Publication (August 2015)*
- More stories...
- Assessment Reporting
- Continous Improvement Opportunities
- Student Surveys
- Assessment Resources