Youngstown State University
Department of Student Recreation
Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center
Faculty/Staff/Foundation Employees Membership Guidelines
I. EMPLOYMENT STATUS REQUIREMENTS:
- Full - time and limited service faculty
- Full - time and permanent part-time staff
- YSU foundation employee
- Current intermittent staff
- Retired faculty and staff
The expanded membership program is open to family of YSU Faculty/Staff/YSU foundation employee members who meet one of the following as recognized by YSU Human Resources department:
- Domestic Partner
- Dependent children 18 -25 years of age
II. Payment Options ($100):
- Check – made payable to YSU
- Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Payroll deduction (3 payments of $25, and $25 due at purchase). Payroll deduction is offered year round for 12-month employees. Nine-month employees can use payroll deduction during the months of august through march. Expanded members are eligible for payroll deduction under the same terms. an additional $25 payment must be made at time of purchase and three remaining payments for the expanded membership will be deducted through the sponsor’s payroll in three consecutive pays once the paperwork has been submitted and processing is completed. The sponsor must accompany the expanded member if you choose payroll deduction. Retirees, YSU Foundation employees, Occasional Service, Intermittents and their sponsored expanded members are not eligible for payroll deduction. Failure to provide funds through payroll deduction will result in immediate termination of membership.
III. Important reminders for all members regarding usage of the RecCenter:
- You MUST present your YSU ID in order to gain access to Andrews.
- Proper athletic attire must be worn while using the facility.
- If it is your first-time using the facility, please feel free to request a tour and/or a new-user orientation offered by trained campus Recreation student employees.
- Our lockers are for daily use only and locks are avail
- Able at equipment issue.
- Don’t forget to check out the Group X programs that are available throughout the week at no additional charge. The Andrew Student Recreation and Wellness center also offers personal training by certified trainers (fees apply).
IV. Expanded Membership Information: (The membership fee for additional expanded members will be $100.00 per family.)
The Process (Please Read)
- The sponsoring Faculty/Staff/YSU foundation employee member must accompany those eligible for the expanded membership program throughout the initial application process.
- Expanded memberships will expire on the same date as the sponsor’s expiration date regardless of purchase date.
- The applicant must provide a state-issued photo id that includes name, address (residence must be the same as the Faculty/Staff/YSU foundation member) and date of birth (to verify residency and age of applicant).
- Faculty/Staff/YSU foundation employee sponsor must provide a valid YSU ID and a state-issued photo id to verify name/residence.
- The faculty/staff member and applicant will then be directed to the Registration Office in Meshel Hall to process a RecCenter photo ID. Registration Hours of operation are Mon – Fri, 8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
- All members must adhere to the department of campus Recreation policies and procedures.
- Personal training is available at Faculty/Staff rate.
- Please contact Parking Services at 330-941-3546 for parking permit information.
Membership purchases are only available during open office hours. Fall/Spring semester office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M. Winter/Spring break and summer semester office hours are Monday through Friday 11:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Please refer to our website for additional information regarding programs, as well as policies and procedures:
Visit our website: Campus Recreation
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the department of campus Recreation at 330-941-2240.
Welcome to the Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center! We are happy to help you meet your fitness goals.
For more information regarding other types of memberships (Alumni, Affiliate, etc..) please visit:
Youngstown State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, age, religion or veteran/military status in its programs or activities. Please visit Accessibility Compliance for contact information for persons designated to handle questions about this policy.