Campus Recreation CCP/YEC Student Membership Information
Students in College Credit Plus (CCP), English Language Institute (ELI), Youngstown Early College (YEC), or enrolled in the Police Officer Training Academy may require additional waiver forms.
CCP Students (Enrolled in current semester) - College Credit Plus students must fill out a waiver with parent’s signature (if under 18). Waivers must be brought to the Campus Rec administration office (hours of operation) with a driver’s license and YSU ID (vertical YSU ID with photo). Waivers can be found here*. Waivers are on file for fall, spring, and summer semesters. New waivers will be needed every fall semester.
- Be registered for at least 1 semester hour of the term in which you wish to use it. For example: You must be registered for Fall semester for Fall access and Spring semester for Spring access. Access begins the first day of the registered semester. Access will not be granted during break periods.
- Have a YSU Picture ID (this MUST be a vertical ID specific to the CCP program as of 1/10/16)
- Be 16 years of age or older (must show state issued photo ID that includes birth date for age verification)
- Complete and return a Facility Access waiver* for building access and Climbing Wall waiver for climbing wall use on the first day of classes or after during the registered semester. Those students under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian signature on the waiver.
Students with a Fall waiver on file do not need to fill out a new waiver for Spring semester. These students need to visit the administrative office in the Rec Center with their vertical YSU ID and State ID for age verification on or after the first day of classes so that YSU student status can be verified with a current waiver on file.
New waivers must be completed every Fall semester.
YEC Students- Youngstown Early College students whom have been approved by the YEC Program are able to use the Rec Center.
An ID presented by someone other than the rightful owner will be confiscated. Campus Recreation staff, along with Campus Police, reserve the right to request additional identification at any time. Refusal to provide identification will result in disciplinary action and/or referral to University Student Conduct.
Important Program Information:
Steps to Gain Access to Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center:
- Obtain vertical YSU Photo ID
- Obtain and complete Facility Access Waiver and Climbing Wall Waiver from Campus Rec Website with parent/guardian signature if under 18 years of age
- Register for Rec Center Membership (in person) at the Campus Recreation Administrative office (Campus Recreation Operating Hours) on or after the first day of classes with the following:
- Vertical YSU Photo ID
- State issued ID for age verification
- Completed waivers (signed by parent or guardian if under 18)
Guest Pass Policy:
CCP/YEC Students are not permitted to purchase Guest Passes.
Where is the Rec Center located?
The Rec Center is located between Stambaugh Stadium and DeBartolo Hall off of Fifth Avenue. It sits next to the YSU Bookstore. Parking is available in either parking deck (M2, located off of Fifth avenue)