- Only currently registered students, faculty, and staff are eligible for Rec Center membership during all normal operating hours. Expanded members have access to the facility during operating hours and all special services (excluding nutrition services).
- All individuals must present a valid YSU ID to obtain facility access and/or admittance into department sponsored programs. An ID presented by someone other than the rightful owner will be confiscated. Campus Recreation staff and Campus Police reserve the right to request additional identification at any time. Refusal to provide identification will result in disciplinary action and/or referral to University Student Conduct.
- Coats, street clothing, backpacks or equipment bags should be placed in lockers or cubbies around the building. PLEASE LOCK VALUABLES IN A LOCKER!
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products are prohibited in all facilities at all times.
- All nicotine sources, electronic cigarettes, and non-medical inhalers are not permitted in the Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
- The use of profanity and vulgar language is prohibited.
- All students and guests must adhere to the University Student Code and the policies set forth by the Department of Campus Recreation. Violators are subject to disciplinary actions.
- The Department of Campus Recreation reserves the right to suspend guest and member privileges and deny building access if department policies are not followed. Violators may also be referred to YSU Police and/or YSU Student Conduct for further disciplinary action.
- Harassment of other patrons and/or Campus Recreation staff is prohibited. Harassment of any sort is taken very seriously and disciplinary action will be taken!
Guest Pass Policies
- Sponsors must provide a valid YSU ID while guests must provide a photo ID. Everyone must be at least 16 years old.
- All guest passes are $10 and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Passes are valid for one (1) day and guests are not permitted to leave and re-enter with their pass.
- Sponsors and guests must be in proper attire (no jeans, boots, etc.) in order to participate in activities.
- All guests agree to abide by the policies and procedures governing the Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Guest privileges will be revoked if policies and procedures are not followed, and future guest pass purchases will not be permitted.
- Sponsors are responsible to stay with their guest(s) during their entire visit. Sponsors violating this policy will not be permitted future guest pass purchases.
- Misuse will result in termination of membership to the Rec Center, and violators may also be referred to YSU police and/or YSU Student Conduct for further disciplinary action.
- Contact Youngstown State University Parking Services at 330-941-3546 for information about parking access options and to obtain designated student, faculty and staff space areas.
Lost and Found
- The Department of Campus Recreation is NOT responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Inquiries regarding lost items may be made at Equipment Issue (x-2246) and in the Administrative Office (x-2240). Items of value (wallets, MP3 players) will be turned over to YSU Police immediately.
- Found YSU ID’s will be returned to the YSU Registration office within 24 hours.
- Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center staff-escorted tours are available upon request or may be scheduled in advance. Please contact the administrative office (330-941-2240) to schedule a tour for five or more people.
Rec Center Dress/Attire
- Appropriate dress is required for personal safety and maintenance of equipment and facilities:
- Closed-toe, rubber-soled athletic footwear (tennis shoes) required – no boots, flip flops, sandals, open-toe, or “Croc” type shoes are permitted.
- Clothing free of buttons, rivets, zippers, metal studs and/or snaps, are required in the strength and conditioning area, sports forum, racquetball court, and aerobics studio.
- Full-sleeved tee-shirts are required in the strength area. No tank tops or cut offs are permitted.
- No mid-drifts, sports bras, or overly revealing shorts allowed in activity spaces.
- Street clothes are prohibited in the strength and conditioning area, sports forum, racquetball courts, and aerobics studio.
- Patrons must wear appropriate attire at all times; clothing must not be offensive, suggestive, or overly revealing.
- Appropriateness of clothing will be held to the discretion of Campus Recreation staff members.
- Water only is permitted in closed plastic bottles with lids (no protein shakes, sport drinks, pop, fast food containers, etc., are permitted).
- Chewing gum is prohibited.
- No food is permitted in the controlled access areas (past the ID check turnstile).
- Food and prohibited drinks will be confiscated and violators will face disciplinary action.
- Signs, fliers or posters must be approved by the administrative staff. Stop by the Department of Campus Recreation administrative office to seek permission.
- Soliciting is not permitted inside the Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
- In case of fire, please use the stairs.
- All patrons may use lockers on a daily basis. The daily lockers are for temporary storage while using the Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
- It is highly recommended that participants use a lock when storing personal belongings. Locks can be checked out at Equipment Issue and are free of charge for use on lockers with a valid YSU ID.
- Locks left on daily lockers will be removed nightly and locker contents (other than “valuables”) will be bagged and stored in equipment issue for two weeks; if unclaimed after two weeks, the items will be taken to the Kilcawley Center Lost and Found. Items of value (wallets, MP3 players) will be turned over to YSU Police immediately.
- Cell phone/cameras are not permitted in the locker rooms.
- Glass containers are not permitted in the locker rooms.
- Warning – Wet surfaces in the locker room may be slippery. Please watch your step.
- Picture taking and/or videotaping is only permissible with written authorization from the Department of Campus Recreation administrative staff.
- Photographs may be taken of informal recreation and programs by the Department of Campus Recreation or YSU Marketing. These photographs are used for promotional purposes. If you prefer not to be photographed, please notify the photographer.
- Only listening devices with headphones are allowed. Listening to personal listening devices without headphones is prohibited.
Severe Weather Policy
- Our department policy is the following: If the University is closed, we are closed. If the university is open but classes are cancelled, we are open (provided that adequate staffing is possible). Please call (330) 941-3488 for the most updated information.