The Department of Campus Recreation is one of the most popular places on campus to be employed. While we are always accepting applications it is highly recommended you attend one of our job fairs which is when we do the bulk of our hiring. We will host a job fair in April to hire for the Fall semester and one in October to hire for the Spring Semester. Dates will be posted sooner to that time.
If you are interested in any of the below positions, please fill out the job application and turn it in along with a resume and cover letter to the Department of Campus Recreation Administration office located in the Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
Campus Recreation Job Fair
- Date: Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8
- Time: Friday (5:00 pm-7:00 pm) and Saturday (10:00 am-12:00 pm)
- Location: Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center
The Department of Campus Recreation will be hiring for the fall semester for positions in the facility, intramurals, rock wall, club sports, personal training and group exercise. Interested participants must sign up for a time slot at store.reccenter.ysu.edu. Applicants must bring a resume, cover letter and completed application to their interview. Casual dress attire is recommended.
- Registration: https://store.reccenter.ysu.edu/
- Contact: Megan O'Neill email@example.com ; (330)941-2244
For more information about job descriptions, please visit our Job Description web page.
- Facility – Control desk, equipment issue, supervisors, and monitors in the Andrews Student Recreation & Wellness Center Check out our Facility video here!
- Fitness/Wellness-Wellness Resource Center- Assist patrons in registering for fitness assessments, nutrition counseling, personal training and incentive programs.
- Fitness/Wellness-Personal Trainer- Certified trainers will help clients achieve their fitness and health goals.
- Fitness/Wellness-Group Exercise Instructor- Certified instructors will lead patrons through safe, effective and motivation group class sessions.
- Office Assistant - Assists in general office operations
- Club Sports Assistant- Monitoring the usage of facilities, equipment, and/club sports during practices and competition.
- Intramurals- Supervisors and Officials – Assists in officiating intramural games and events. Check out our Intramurals video here!
- Climbing Wall - Assist with helping patrons climb the wall by belaying and coaching them to the top Check out our Climbing Wall video here!
- Graduate Assistant – Supervise student staff and assist with development and implementation of programs. For more information, go to our Graduate Assistantship web page.
* Applications will be accepted between until March 1 for the next upcoming academic year. Subject to change.
- Teambuilding Facilitator - Assists with teambuilding and special events. If you wish to inquire more about the position, please see the Teambuilding Facilitator web page.
- Internships/Practicum/In-service – Academic related position, paid/ unpaid work experience
Please apply one semester prior to semester with internship.
All positions require a department application, cover letter and resume to apply.
Please turn in an application, cover letter and resume to:
Department of Campus Recreation-
Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center
Youngstown State University
One University Plaza
Youngstown, Ohio 44555
(330) 941-2240 (Main Office-Reception)