Our Mission Statement
The Department of Campus Recreation provides creative and innovative, instructed or self-led wellness, and recreational programming to meet the diverse needs of our students and the YSU community.
The department is committed to:
- Promoting a holistic approach to wellness, and developing healthier lifestyle choices that lead to personal and professional growth.
- Providing state of the art services and facilities.
- Integrating diverse learning, leadership opportunities and wellness perspectives with social, economic and global ideas from the Youngstown State community that compliments the academic mission of Youngstown State University.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Student will be able to practice a holistic approach to wellness and developing healthier lifestyle choices that lead to personal and professional growth.
- Students will learn short and long term benefits of having facilities and equipment that are cutting-edge, universally designed, and well maintained.
- Through diverse learning, wellness perspectives, and leadership opportunities, students will demonstrate civic, social, and cultural awareness and direction for betterment of the University, city, region, and world.