While it's important to remember that the majority of disruptions will not result in violence, we want to encourage everyone to monitor and respect their own instincts in every situation. If you feel your own or others' safety may be in jeopardy:
Dial 911 from a Campus Phone
Call YSU Police: (330) 941-3527 from a Cell Phone
If a student is causing a disruption but does not pose a threat:
- Use a calm, non-confrontational approach in response to the student’s behavior.
- Remind them of the community standards in which disruptive behavior is inappropriate.
- If behavior continues, ask the student to stop and warn them that official action may be taken.
- If the student persists, request the student to leave the classroom and file a student conduct report.
- If you believe there is a safety risk, contact YSU Police immediately.