Welcome to the Career and Counseling Services office!
Your student is embarking on the next chapter of their life. The decision to chose a career is not always an easy one however, with your support and our resources, we can help your student make the decision that best fits them! You have an important role and to help you better assist you student, we have provided some resources for you to explore. In addition, by encouraging your student to connect with our office, we will be able to provide additional resources suited for them.
- When should a student contact the Career and Counseling Services office? We encourage students to register with the Career and Counseling Services office their freshman year. By registering in Penguinlink, students will be able to upload a resume where it will be accessible to employers, search open job postings and apply to positions you are interested in, receive information regarding employers scheduled to recruit on campus, as well as set job agents so that you will be notified via email when a position that matches your qualifications is posted to the database
- Who should my student meet with? Your student should schedule an appointment with a Career coordinator. During that appointment they will receive a brief overview of the services we provide and the coordinator can help the student develop a resume for summer employment.
- How do students make appointments to see a Career Coordinator? Students should contact the Career and Counseling Services office at 330-941-3515 or visit the office located in room 1034 Jones Hall. Our front desk will assign you to the coordinator of your major.
- What employers visit campus? There are multiple employers who recruit on campus throughout the academic year. For a calendar of events, please visit the Events tab. You will be able to scroll through and view the schedule of upcoming events. Be sure to check back because new employers are being added weekly.
- Should my student attend the Job Expo? We encourage students of all class standings to visit the Job Expos. This is an excellent networking opportunity and provides experience with speaking to employers.
- How does a student look for a professional job? Once a student registers and is approved in Penguinlink, they may upload a resume. Employers will be able to access student resumes and set up interviews. Students are also notified of employers having on-campus interviews, information sessions and Job Expos.
- Should students work a part-time job? Part of planning for the future is gaining work experience. Every job a student holds will provide transferable skills they will take with them when they start their career.
- How does a student plan for their career? Please click on the link for the Pathways brochure. This will provide students a guide of what they should be doing each year to prepare for his/her career.