Pathways to Career Success provides a year-by-year checklist to help you fully utilize the career planning resources available to you. Use this guide to chart your course toward academic and career success!
First Year/Sophomore Year
- Undecided on a major? Not sure what to do with your chosen major? Take the MyPlan career planning program and meet with a Career Coordinator to review the results and set your career goals.
- Looking for part-time or summer employment? Meet with a Career Coordinator to develop a resume and learn about PenguinLINK, YSU’s online job posting site.
- Attend Career Services’ Fall and Spring Career Fair and other career-related workshops and events offered on campus.
- Check out Career Services’ Career Consultant Network and set up at least one informational interview with a YSU graduate working in a career field of interest to you.
- Meet with a Career Coordinator to:
- Develop an effective resume for an internship and/or professional job search.
- Discuss your career progression and preparation for an internship job search
- Participate in a mock interview to prepare yourself for internship and/or professional job interviews.
- WCBA & STEM Majors: Make an appointment with your college’s Professional Practice Department to research co-op and internship opportunities and register for PPOD.
- Attend Career Services’ Fall and Spring Career Fair (hyperlink to Career Fairs & Recruiting Events) and other career-related workshops and events offered on campus.
- Meet with a Career Coordinator to develop a year-long plan for your professional job search
- Update your resume and post it on PenguinLINK so that employers know you are looking to secure a job after graduation.
- Log into PenguinLINK on a regular basis to stay apprised of job opportunities and recruitment events.
- Attend Career Services’ Fall and Spring Career Fair and meet with employers actively recruiting for open positions!