23,992 sessions with 2,633 students at the CSP since August 20, 2014
The Marion G. Resch Center for Student Progress, located below the Youngstown State University Bookstore, is available to assist students in successfully completing their University experience. The Center is designed to intervene actively in the lives of students to help them achieve academic and social success in college.
We facilitate the success of all YSU students from freshmen through seniors:
- Cultivating the skills of new students
- Expanding the skills of developing students
- Enhancing the skills of exceptional students
Weekly Study Tip
Study similar subjects several hours apart.
Different courses require different learning tasks.
Reading for many hours at a time can become quite tedious and confusing.
Instead, study subjects that involve math or writing between subjects that require heavy reading.
What We Do Works!
- CSP Staff Winner of 2007
- EPI Outstanding Student Retention Program Award
- Received the Educational Policy Institute's Outstanding Student Retention Award for international excellence in the development and implementation of a student retention program.
- Named to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the Summer Bridge program.
- Cited by the US Department of Education for the effectiveness of the Summer Bridge program.
- Cited in YSU Starfish 360 Award by judges from Noel Levitz, ACT, and the Association for Institutional Research for using best practices to improve student retention.
- Noted in a YSU STAMATS Retention Audit Report for its effective work in campus-wide retention.
- Noted in a report by the Higher Learning Commission for retention success. The Center was the only University department cited by name in the commission's exit report.
- Presented a Youngstown State University Board of Trustee resolution in appreciation for the work of the Marion G. Resch Center for Student Progress in the retention of students.
Center for Student Progress
One University Plaza,
Youngstown, OH 44555
Hours of Operation
Monday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Questions or comments regarding the CSP web site, please contact Noreen Yazvac