"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." -- Seneca
Are YOU prepared?
39,644 sessions with 3,641 students at the CSP since August 19, 2015
Now hiring Disability Services Notetakers -- Download and complete application*
Interested in becoming a Tutor or SI Leader? Applications accepted year-round! Download and complete application**
The Marion G. Resch Center for Student Progress, located below the Youngstown State University Bookstore, is available to assist students in successfully completing their University experience. The Center is designed to intervene actively in the lives of students to help them achieve academic and social success in college.
We facilitate the success of all YSU students from freshmen through seniors:
- Cultivating the skills of new students
- Expanding the skills of developing students
- Enhancing the skills of exceptional students
What We Do Works!
See our Success Metrics*
- CSP Staff Winner of 2007
- EPI Outstanding Student Retention Program Award
- Received the Educational Policy Institute's Outstanding Student Retention Award for international excellence in the development and implementation of a student retention program.
- Named to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the Summer Bridge program.
- Cited by the US Department of Education for the effectiveness of the Summer Bridge program.
- Cited in YSU Starfish 360 Award by judges from Noel Levitz, ACT, and the Association for Institutional Research for using best practices to improve student retention.
- Noted in a YSU STAMATS Retention Audit Report for its effective work in campus-wide retention.
- Noted in a report by the Higher Learning Commission for retention success. The Center was the only University department cited by name in the commission's exit report.
- Presented a Youngstown State University Board of Trustee resolution in appreciation for the work of the Marion G. Resch Center for Student Progress in the retention of students.
Youngstown State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, age, religion or veteran/military status in its programs and activities.
Title II/Section 504 Coordinator for Employees and others:
Kevin W. Reynolds
Chief Human Resources Officer
Title II/Section 504 Coordinator for Students:
Assistant Director of Disability Services
Center for Student Progress
One University Plaza,
Youngstown, OH 44555
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Questions or comments regarding the CSP web site, please contact Noreen Yazvac