Welcome to Orientation!
Welcome to Youngstown State University – YOUR University!
Whether a first-year student or a transfer student, YSU offers a wide variety of services and programs to help develop leadership, facilitate involvement, and provide recreation, relaxation, and educational support. Allow the faculty, staff and administration at YSU to assist you as you pursue your goals and dreams!
The Marion G. Resch Center for Student Progress is YSU's College Success Place. The Center is designed to intervene actively in the lives of students to help them achieve academic and social success in college.
We facilitate the success of all YSU students from freshmen through seniors:
- Cultivating the skills of new students
- Expanding the skills of developing students
- Enhancing the skills of exceptional students
Services include: Adult Learner Services, Disability Services, First-Year Student Services, Individual Intervention Services, Multicultural Student Services, Orientation Services, Student Tutorial Services and Supplemental Instruction.
EARLY-SOAR (Student Orientation, Advisement and Registration)
- EARLY-SOAR program dates are scheduled in March.
- First-year undergraduate students attending the fall term who apply and are accepted by February 15 will receive an invitation by mail to attend EARLY-SOAR
- Students will register for an orientation session through their MyYSU portal. Program details and instructions will be confirmed via email.
- Students interested in attending YSU for the fall term who apply and are accepted after February 15 will be mailed an invitation to register for a fall SOAR date in June, July or August.
- If required, students must also complete placement testing prior to attending EARLY-SOAR.
SOAR (Student Orientation, Advisement and Registration)
- First-year undergraduate students are required to attend a SOAR session prior to academic advising and class registration.
- If required, students must also complete placement testing prior to attending SOAR.
TSO (Transfer Student Orientation)
- A half-day program specifically for transfer students
- Provides a connection to the Center for Student Progress and Peer Mentor staff
- Thorough introduction to University resources and services
- Students should contact their academic college for advisement and registration prior to attending a TSO session
ON-LINE ACCESS – TRACK (Transfer and Returning Students)
Coming soon - online orientation for first-year TRANSFER students!
All first-term incoming transfer students must be advised before registering.
- Visit here to find your advisor.
Center for Student Progress (CSP)
If the page is not displaying for you, please go to YouTube
CSP Orientation Services
Kilcawley Center - Room 1064C
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Monday- Friday)
Youngstown State University
One University Plaza
Youngstown, OH 44555
Phone: (330) 941-2131
FAX: (330) 941-2104
Web page maintained by Center for Student Progress — Orientation Services
Questions, comments or suggestions?