Welcome to Counseling Services. The Mission of Counseling Services is to provide short term counseling, consultation, and referral services to our currently enrolled students. To achieve this mission, service delivery is guided by adherence to professional codes of ethics and standards of practice.
SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
Counseling services are available at no cost to currently enrolled students. Problems commonly seen during counseling sessions include:
- Relationship Issues
Appointments can be arranged in person in the Student Success office or by calling (330) 941-3737. Appointments are available Monday through Friday between 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Keeping appointments is an important part of the counseling process. If you must miss a session, please call Counseling Services at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or reschedule. Failure to keep three scheduled appointments will result in referral to outside agencies.
To best serve the client's needs referrals may be made at the initial appointment or during the treatment process when resources needed are not available at Counseling Services.
Class presentations and workshops are offered to campus groups on a variety of topics. Please call the Office of Counseling Services at (330) 941-3737 well in advance to arrange a presentation.
- Half Of Us
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Eating Disorder Assistance
- Stress Management Techniques
- Yoga Breathing for Relaxation
National Suicide Prevention Number 1-800-273-8255
Help Hotline 1-800-427-3606
(330) 747-2696: 211
Help Hotline has information on a Suicide Survivors Support Group
Warning Signs of Suicide
If someone you know displays any of the following signs they could be at risk of suicide. Please contact a mental health practioner or physician to intervene to assist that individual.
- Talking about suicide
- Drastic changes in behavior ,eating ,sleeping ,school, alcohol or drug use
- Hopelessness, Depression
- Previous Attempts
- Impulsive Behavior
- Family History of suicide, violence, or chemical Abuse
- Giving away prized possessions
After Hours Emergency
- If you are on campus, please call the YSU Police at (330) 941-3527.
- If you are not on campus, please call Help Hotline Crisis Center at (330) 747-2696 or your local police.
- You may also go to your local emergency room.
Download the Virtual Hope Box App for Apple & Android Devices
* Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader