The Mission of Student Counseling Services is to provide high quality, short-term, confidential mental health counseling, consultation, outreach (educational training), and referral services to currently enrolled YSU students.
SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
- Relationship concerns
- Difficulty managing multiple roles and their impact on being a successful college student
- Improve your ability to communicate with others.
- Improve the health of your relationships.
- Enhance your connection to community.
- Know where to go for help.
- Adopt healthy habits for emotional wellness.
- Reduce tension, anxiety and fear.
- Overcome obstacles to success.
- Enhance your ability to cope.
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Crisis Text Line
- Eating Disorder Assistance
- Half of Us
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation
- Resources for Students- Jordan Porco Foundation
- Stress Management Techniques
- Suicide Prevention- SAMHSA
- The Trevor Project
- Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention
- Yoga Breathing for Relaxation
Crisis Text Line: Text "Start" to 741741 to get help now.
National Suicide Prevention Number 1-800-273-8255
Help Hotline 1-800-427-3606
(330) 747-2696: 211
Help Hotline has information on a Suicide Survivors Support Group.
Warning Signs of Suicide
If someone you know displays any of the following signs they could be at risk of suicide. Please contact a mental health practioner or physician to intervene to assist that individual.
- Talking about suicide
- Drastic changes in behavior ,eating ,sleeping ,school, alcohol or drug use
- Hopelessness, Depression
- Previous Attempts
- Impulsive Behavior
- Family History of suicide, violence, or chemical Abuse
- Giving away prized possessions
To learn more about preventing suicide, including trainings, check out this site:
Or call the Student Counseling Center at 330-941-3737 to arrange training for your student group.
After Hours Emergency
- If you are on campus, please call the YSU Police at (330) 941-3527.
- If you are not on campus, please call Help Hotline Crisis Center at (330) 747-2696 or your local police.
- You may also go to your local emergency room.
Download the Virtual Hope Box App for Apple & Android Devices
More Self-Help Smartphone Apps
- Stop, Breathe & Think (iPhone and Android)
- Calm (iPhone and Android)
- Pacifica (iPhone and Android)
- Mindfulness Daily (iPhone only)
* Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader