The Bachelor of Science in Applied Science, Public Health (Environmental Health & Safety Track) online degree:
- All development courses such as ENGL 1539/1540, RSS 1510A/1510B, MATH 1500/1501/1504 do not count toward degree requirements.
- No minor is required for this major.
- To continue enrollment in the major, a GPA of 2.0 must be maintained.
- Courses in the major require a grade of "C" or better.
- Courses taken under the Credit (CR)/No Credit (NC) option may not be counted toward the major. (You must confer with the program director before electing this option. Refer to the Undergraduate Catalog for more information.).
- Total minimum hours required for the Degree = 122 semester hours.
|Catalog #||Course Name||s.h.|
|1. 65 Semester Hours of Required Public Health Content Courses|
|PHLT 3725||Topics in Public Health||3|
|PHLT 3702||Health Education Theory & Methods||3|
|AHLT 3708||Preventive Public Health Care||3|
|PHLT 3757||Health & Disease||4|
|PHLT 3791||Community Health||3|
|AHLT 4808||Environmental Health Concerns||3|
|AHLT 4810||Management Skills for Health Professionals||3|
|PHLT 4826||Community Health Planning & Promotion||4|
|PHLT 4827||Program Evaluation||3|
|PHLT 4828||Grant Writing||3|
|PHLT 4892||Environmental Health & Safety Internship||8|
|PHLT 4898||Environmental Health & Safety Senior Seminar||3|
|PHLT 5810||Agents of Mass Casualty||3|
|PHLT 5812||Crisis Management in Public Health||3|
|PHLT 2607||Ethical Issues in Public Health||3|
|AHLT 4831||Industrial Hygiene||3|
|PHLT 3709||Elements of Urban Environmental Health Practices||3|
|AHLT 5816||Environmental Regulations||3|
|PHLT 5804||Multicultural Health||3|
|2. 14 Semester Hours of Required Support Courses|
|Must take all of the following courses:|
|AHLT 3755||Principles of Occupational Health & Safety||3|
|AHLT 4806||Research Methods||3|
|BIOL 1545/L**||Anatomy and Physiology plus Lab||5|
|Take 1 of the following courses:|
|AHLT 3740||Pathology of Infectious Diseases||3|
|BIOL 1560*||Paramedical Microbiology||3|
|3. A total of 13 General Education courses *|
ENGL 1550 - Writing 1 AND
|Speech||CMST 1545 - Communication Foundations||3|
MATH 2623 - Survey of Mathematics OR
|Natural Science (NS)||
BIOL 2601 - General Biology: Molecules Cells plus Lab AND
|Arts & Humanities (AH)||
PHIL 1560 - Introduction to Philosophy OR
|Social Science (SS)||
PHLT 1531 - Fundamentals of Public Health AND
|Social & Personal Awareness (SPA)||
PHLT 1568 - Healthy Lifestyles AND
|PHLT 1500 - First Year Experience||3|
**NOTE: BIOL 1545/L Anatomy and Physiology plus Lab is not offered online and will need to be taken on-campus or transferred in.
(Click here for course descriptions.)