GMAT/GRE Waiver Instructions
Applicants to the Masters of Business Administration program may apply for a waiver for the GMAT/GRE requirement. The minimum requirements for the GMAT/GRE waiver consideration are one of the following:
- A sufficient combination of years of relevant, full-time, managerial and/or professional work experience and Bachelor’s degree GPA (see below for guidelines)
- A terminal degree (PhD, MD, or JD) in any discipline, or a master’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university
The resume will be reviewed to evaluate the relevance of full-time, managerial and/or professional work experience. Experience is not only evaluated in terms of years, but also the nature of the applicant's work experience. As such, resumes submitted for review should focus on an applicant’s roles, responsibilities of his/her work experiences, and advancement, opposed to simply job titles. The depth and breadth of an individual's prior positions, his or her contributions to the work environment, and level of responsibility and progression are important. Finally, the program seeks diversity in the professional backgrounds of its admitted students just as it does in all other parts of our applicants' profiles.
Waivers are granted based on a combination of an applicant’s full-time, managerial and/or professional work experience, along with evidence of successful prior academic experience (GPA 2.7 or greater). Below are profiles representing applicants who would be granted a waiver:
- 6 years of professional business experience, 2.7 GPA or higher
- 5 years of professional business experience, 3.25 GPA or higher
- 4 years of professional business experience, 3.75 GPA or higher
If you believe you meet the requirements one of the options above, you may complete the application for the GMAT/GRE Waiver. Send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Completed GMAT/GRE Waiver Application ( only page 2 of this document)
2. A current resume
- Detail your full-time, managerial and/or professional experiences.
- Please note, we reserve the right to verify employment.
3. Unofficial transcript
- Please note, an unofficial transcript is accepted for purposes of this waiver. An official transcript must be submitted to Graduate Studies at the time of application to the program.
Click to access the GMAT/GRE Waiver Form*