Welcome to the Online Master of Arts
Financial Economics Program at Youngstown State University
The Master of Arts in Financial Economics program is designed to provide students with a firm understanding of economic theory and how to analyze financial markets. The program is one of only two online programs that allow students to earn a degree specializing in financial economics. The content of the program includes:
- Analysis of microeconomic and macroeconomic models using calculus
- Econometric techniques, with special emphasis on the application of regression analysis
- Application of advanced statistical software, such as Stata and SAS
- Knowledge of various financial markets, instruments, agents, functions, and intermediaries
- Knowledge of hedging versus speculating, primary and secondary markets for mortgage loans, and markets for future and options contracts
- Knowledge of market interest rate swaps, and how to use financial instruments to hedge against interest risk
- Knowledge of the use of financial models to value financial assets and make value-maximizing choices
For the second time this year, Youngstown State University’s online master’s degree in Financial Economics has been ranked as a Top 10 program in the nation.
“The Best Master’s Degrees” places YSU’s program fourth in the nation in terms of affordability. Earlier this year, The Financial Times ranked the YSU program eighth best in the nation.
The latest rankings were determined by first compiling a list of the top-ranked schools with online master’s degrees in economics as found in Best College Reviews, Business Week magazine, Forbes magazine, Get Educated, Kiplinger, Princeton Review, TFE Times, and U.S. News and World Report. Each program was then assessed on affordability based on the graduate tuition and fees published by College Navigator. Programs in the rankings are accredited by national and/or regional governing bodies and are ranked by at least one major organization.
The Best Master’s Degrees’ mission is to help prospective graduate students make informed decisions about what kind of degree to pursue and where to study.
The Master of Arts in Financial Economics at YSU is designed to provide students with a firm understanding of economic theory and how to analyze financial markets. The program is one of only two online programs that allow students to earn a degree specializing in financial economics.
Click below to request additional information and to learn more about YSU's online Master's in Financial Economics degree program.
- Online Master's in Financial Economics Admissions Information
- Online Master's in Financial Economics Curriculum
- Course Rotation
- Course Descriptions
- On-Campus Financial Economics Program Website
- Accommodation for Students with Disabilities