Welcome to the Online Post-Master's Nursing Education Certificate Program
at Youngstown State University
The Online Post-Master's Nurse Education Certificate program is designed to help prepare you to further your education and develop new skills that will enhance your professional development as a nurse educator. This certificate program is not a degree program. This program is designed to enhance the professional development of registered nurses by providing education and training that prepares them for nurse educator roles and teaching positions in academic and service settings. Upon completion of the program, you will be able to step into teaching positions in both academic and service settings and will be eligible to sit for the National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Educator examination.
Upon completion of the program, students will attain the following competencies:
- develop curricula based on the mission, goals and framework of the program and institution
- organize content and learning experiences according to accepted principles of learning
- design instructional strategies, teaching materials and educational technology to help achieve course objectives
- use appropriate evaluation methods to assess learning outcomes, and use information to improve curricula
- enact best practices in nursing education
- implement plans for lifelong learning/professional development
- use knowledge and skills gained through clinical practice to maintain and improve curricula
- consult with others in and outside of the discipline to enhance the development of interdisciplinary education
- demonstrate cultural competence in classroom and clinical settings
Additional Program Information
Click below to request additional information and to learn more about YSU's online Post Master Certificate in Nursing Education program.