Youngstown State University (YSU) is committed to offering quality online degree programs and courses. YSU is a member of Quality Matters (QM), a nationally recognized peer review process that is designed to certify the quality of online and hybrid courses.
QM Rubric Standards
- Course Overview and Introduction: The overall design of the course is made clear to the student at the beginning of the course.
- Learning Objectives: Learning objectives are measurable and are clearly stated.
- Assessment and Measurement: Assessment strategies are designed to evaluate student progress by reference to stated learning objectives; to measure the effectiveness of student learning; and to be integral to the learning process.
- Instructional Materials: Instructional materials are sufficiently comprehensive to achieve stated course objectives and learning outcomes.
- Learner Interaction and Engagement: Forms of interaction incorporated in the course motivate students and promote learning.
- Course Technology: Course navigation and technology support student engagement and ensure access to course components.
- Learner Support: The course facilitates student access to institutional support services essential to student success.
- Accessibility: The course demonstrates a commitment to accessibility for all students.