The program is designed to expand and enrich the professional careers of registered nurses. Graduates from associate degree and diploma programs are encouraged to apply.
Admission into the RN-BSN Completion program depends on the following criteria:
- Must first apply and be admitted to Youngstown State University (YSU). For deadlines on University admissions, contact the Admissions Office. Request previous college transcripts to be sent to YSU, including School of Nursing transcripts, if different. (Previous YSU transcripts do not have to be requested.)
- Must be a registered nurse with a current U.S. RN license to practice in the applicant's home state. An electronic copy of this license must be submitted to Molly Roche when applying.
- Completion of each pre-requisite course with a grade of "C" or better and an overall grade point average in those courses of 2.5 or greater.
- CPR Certification for Health Care Professionals. An electronic copy of this certification must be submitted to Molly Roche when applying.
- Completion of YSU's Department of Nursing Application Form. *
- Upon admission, must satisfactorily complete physical and immunization requirements.
Continued progression in the program depends upon the student's achievement and compliance of the Admission, Progression, and Graduate Policies of YSU's Department of Nursing and the Candidacy for Degree requirements listed in the YSU Undergraduate Bulletin .
Any questions regarding admission to the program may be addressed by contacting Molly Roche , MSN, RNC, CNS , RN-BSN Completion Program Coordinator.
NOTE: When applying please use the online undergraduate application and under "What type of academic program you are applying to:" select "A program 100% on-line".