—FOR FACULTY USE ONLY—
We are able to offer you both an online proctoring solution for your exams and a video ID check to assist in verifying the students in your online courses. Faculty members may elect to have up to two exams per course proctored online, each term. Student verification is integrated into the online proctoring process. Faculty members electing not to proctor any exams in a course will have the opportunity to verify enrolled students through a video ID check.
Where to Start:
To learn how to use this service, please click the training videos below. If you are going to use the solution for exams, then you will want to click the second link.
The link to the Q&A Training Video is:
We hope the video helps the adoption of the RPNOW system to be seamless.
After you review the training videos, you can reference the guide provided to also help you. Guide for Utilizing the Proctored Exams*
However, there is also a custom faculty guide for the faculty who will do the “ID checks”. Guide for ID Checks*
To log in, you will need your credentials (listed below). If you have never logged in before, contact Millie Rodriguez to create an account for you. If you have logged in and have not changed your credentials, you will use the following:
Username: First letter of your first name + Full Last Name (example: MRodriguez)
Password: First letter of your first name + Full Last Name (example: MRodriguez)
Youngstown State University is a member of the Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC) which is a service offered by our professional organization, the National College Testing Association (NCTA). It is recommended that you have your students check for local College Testing Centers at the Consortium before widening their search to alternative organizations. CCTC are trained test proctors and adhere to standards that guarantee exam security and a controlled environment.
Faculty can refer to this simple list to help them determine who is an appropriate proctor for their students:
- Official testing center at a college/university—including, but not limited to those listed at the CCTC
- Certified librarians at a library, college/university, or school
- College/university administrators, instructors, or academic advisors
- Learning/tutoring centers
- Educational officers of a corporation, military installation, or correctional facility
- County extension offices
- Relatives or spouses/partners/significant others
- Friends and/or roommates
- Co-workers or business associates
- Undergraduate students
- Athletic coaches
- Anyone who does not have a professional email address (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. are unacceptable)
- Anyone who cannot monitor the student during the exam
For support contact (855) 436-2038, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm (eastern standard time).