---FOR FACULTY USE ONLY---
** To ensure the university is billed properly for Quality Matters Training you must contact Patty LaPresta in the Office of Distance Education to complete the registration process and receive the required workbook. Please do not register for any QM course on your own. Patty can be reached at x1516 or by e-mail .
PLEASE NOTE: The Office of Distance Education will cover the expense of the workshop and required materials the first time you register for a workshop. If you do not attend the workshop the materials must be returned to the Office of Distance Education. Should you need to cancel your attendance you must notify Patty LaPresta two days prior to the start of the workshop.
Training Currently Offered at YSU
- An online accessibility course is currently available for those who utilize the Learning Management System (LMS). For more information, please contact the Instructional Design & Development Center in the Office of Distance Education by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Training Offered at other Locations in Ohio
- APPQMR (Applying the Quality Matters Rubric) Workshop. April 7, 2017, 8:30am-4:00pm, The Innovation Center, (Columbus, OH) **
- IYOC (Improving Your Online Course) Workshop. April 14, 2017, 8:30am-4:00pm, Kent State University (Kent, OH) **
Training Offered Online
- The DE Office has an institutional membership with the Online Learning Consortium. If you would like to set up an account affiliated with YSU please e-mail Patty LaPresta for information.
- Transforming the Teaching & Learning Environment: The 2017 Virtual Conference - February 13-27, 2017 (To access the sessions, go the “2017 Sessions by Date” page on the conference website. The date and time of each session is listed. Beside each session title is “Join Session”. Just click on that, and Blackboard Collaborate will open up the virtual room for that session. Additional details about each session are available on the far right of the page by clicking “View Details”. No password is required. Participants are encouraged to read the Collaborate Ultra Instructions prior to the conference. Recordings of the sessions will be available for at least one month after the end of the conference. You’ll know when the recording for a session is available when the “Join Session” link has changed to “View Archive”. Each day’s recordings should be available shortly after the last session of each day ends.)
- Accessibility in Distance Education: Issues for a New Administration- DVD available for viewing (contact Patty LaPresta)
- 508 Compliance Webinar (copywritten by Blackboard, all rights reserved)
- Wikis, Blogs, Discussion Boards and Journal Webinar (copywritten by Blackboard, all rights reserved)
- Time Management Strategies for Online Teaching: How to Engage Students and Avoid Teacher Burnout. Complimentary webinar offered by Innovative Educators. Visit the site for details and to register.
- Blackboard Accessibility Training Resources. Enroll in this self-paced course, Universal Design and Accessibility for Online Learning, available through CourseSites, for guidance in building courses that are accessible. Click Self-Enroll.
- Managing Instructor Presence in the Online Classroom - DVD available for viewing (contact Patty LaPresta)
- Creating a Culture of Acceptance for Online Education - DVD available for viewing (contact Patty LaPresta)
Previous Training Classes/Workshops Offered by YSU's Office of Distance Education
- DE Learning Community meeting, Topic: Social Media -March 20, 2017
- DE Learning Community meeting, Topic: DE Courses Workshop - February 17, 2017
- DE Learning Community meeting, Topic: Teaching DE Courses - February 15, 2017
- DE Learning Community meeting, Topic: Deep Learning - December 5, 2016
- DE Learning Community meeting, Topic: The Clarity Standard - October 26, 2016
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubric - September 23, 2016
- DE Learning Community meeting, Topic: Desktop Demonstration Videos - September 12, 2016
- DE Learning Community meeting, Topic: Peer Learning - July 13, 2016
- DE Learning Community meeting, Topic: Keeping the Personal Touch in Your DE Courses - May 25, 2016
- 8 Steps for Growing and Sustaining Online Programs - May 16, 2016
- DE Learning Community monthly meeting, Topic: Mini-Presentations - April 11, 2016
- DE Learning Community monthly meeting, Topic: Metacognition - March 15, 2016
- Department Chair Observation of DE Courses - February 27, 2015
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubric Online Workshop - November 4 - November 18, 2013
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubric Online Workshop - June 4 - June 18, 2013
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubric - April 19, 2013
- Intermediate Best Practices for Online Course Development Workshop - April 5, 2013
- Basic Online Course Development Workshop - February 8, 2013
- Best Practices for Online Course Development Workshop - January 9, 2013
- Managing Instructor Presence in the Online Classroom - November 7, 2012