---FOR FACULTY USE ONLY---
** To ensure the university is billed properly for Quality Matters Training you must contact Patty LaPresta in the Office of Distance Education to complete the registration process and receive the required workbook. Please do not register for any QM course on your own. Patty can be reached at x1516 or by e-mail .
PLEASE NOTE: The Office of Distance Education will cover the expense of the workshop and required materials the first time you register for a workshop. If you do not attend the workshop the materials must be returned to the Office of Distance Education. Should you need to cancel your attendance you must notify Patty LaPresta two days prior to the start of the workshop.
Training Currently Offered at YSU
- 7 Things to Consider Before Developing an Online Course Seminar
This live seminar is presented by Magna Publications. Viewing will be on Thursday, January 31, 2019, from 2:00p-3:00p in room 3422/Williamson Hall. Please e-mail Patty LaPresta with your department and extension if you are interested in attending.
- Preparing to Teach Online at YSU:
This course is taught in Blackboard, and it is designed to help YSU faculty prepare to develop and teach their first fully online classes. Successful completion means you meet the training requirements for teaching online at YSU. Enrollment is not limited to those who are new to the online experience or those who haven't met the training requirement. You're encouraged to sign up as a DE refresher or an opportunity to participate in discussions about DE practices. Estimated time to complete is 8 hours. Please register through YSU's Training & Development.
- DE Community Monthly Meeting:
None scheduled at this time.
- An online accessibility course is currently available for those who utilize the Learning Management System (LMS). For more information, please email the Instructional Design & Development Center in the Office of Distance Education.
Upcoming Training Offered at other Locations in Ohio
- None offered at this time.
Training Offered Online
- Blackboard's Exemplary Course Program
This is Blackboard's five-week training program on how to build quality distance education courses. It involves attending a one-hour webinar each week that covers some aspect of online education. The five weekly topics are: course design, interaction and collaboration, assessment, learner support, and course reviewer training. Each week also includes a tour of a course that won Blackboard's Exemplary Course award.
Please go to the following link to register: https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=reg20.jsp&referrer=&eventid=1659458&sessionid=1&key=B0E2BA8F0BCB285A07EBCA68F45B2B17®Tag=305346&sourcepage=register
- Quality Matters releases the Sixth Edition of the Applying the Quality Matters Rubric on July 2nd. You can take the APPQMR Update course online. The course is self-paced and takes approximately 3 hours to complete. Please contact Patty LaPresta if you would like to register for this online update. The course is FREE if taken before December 31, 2018.
- The DE Office has an institutional membership with the Online Learning Consortium. If you would like to set up an account affiliated with YSU please e-mail Patty LaPresta for information.
- Accessibility in Distance Education: Issues for a New Administration- DVD available for viewing (contact Patty LaPresta)
- How to use Microsoft Office 0365 Calendar Feature.
- 508 Compliance Webinar (copywritten by Blackboard, all rights reserved)
- Wikis, Blogs, Discussion Boards and Journal Webinar (copywritten by Blackboard, all rights reserved)
- Managing Instructor Presence in the Online Classroom - DVD available for viewing (contact Patty LaPresta)
- Creating a Culture of Acceptance for Online Education - DVD available for viewing (contact Patty LaPresta)