LIVING WELL EMPLOYEE WELLNESS PROGRAM
Welcome to Living Well, YSU’s Employee Wellness Program! Living Well aspires to increase employees knowledge about the relationship between lifestyle and health. The program will educate and empower employees to help make healthy choices that promote a healthy lifestyle.
Youngstown State University will provide a proactive wellness program to employees by creating an environment that will help to improve their health and health behavior patterns to produce tangible improvements in their use of health care services, reduce health-related costs, and enhance well-being.
The mission of the wellness program is to improve the health status of employees and their spouses/partners by providing opportunities, resources, and support to encourage healthy lifestyle choices.
Wellness Programs, Events, & Information
Summer Yoga Basics
Summer Yoga Basics (July 11 - August 17)
Living Well is recruiting volunteers to serve as Wellness Champions. To learn more about the requirements, view the Wellness Champions Guide*. If you would like to apply to be a champion for good health at YSU, complete and return the Wellness Champions Pledge* by 7/31/17. View our current list of Wellness Champions*.
IMPACT Solutions Work Life Seminars
How Close Are You to 168?* (Tuesday, July 18)
Treatment of Anxiety* (Thursday, August 31)
The Joanie Abdu Mobile Mammography Screenings at YSU
Fall Mammography Screenings (Wednesday, September 20 & Tuesday, September 26)
On Campus Fitness Facilities
Rec Center Reimbursement Incentive Information & Application
Area Fitness Discounts & Other Specials
Please bring Faculty/Staff ID to verify YSU employment status.
- Jewish Community Center 2017 monthly rates plus tax: Family- $58.99, Adult- $45.05, Young Adult- $32.18, Teen- $22.52, Senior Adult (65+)- $32.18, Senior Couple-$40.76 (registration fee includes price of first monthly payment) JCC contact for membership inquires 330-746-3250 x 283
- Snap Fitness*
- Studio 24*
- Pure Barre Youngstown (Contact Wellness Office for information on specials 330-941-3360)
- Fitness Together*
- Ironman Warehouse*
- Creekside Fitness & Health Center *
- Crawling to Destiny Daycare/Learning Center*
YSU Lactation Rooms & Accommodation Information (printable PDF version*)
Faculty, staff, students, and guests/visitors who are nursing mothers now have the option of using a campus lactation room. This resource for new mothers is part of the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (the federal health care reform law) which requires employers to provide nursing mothers with reasonable break time and a dedicated room to express milk for up to one year following the birth of a child. A room must be shielded from view, free from intrusion by co-workers and the public, and cannot be a bathroom.
Use of a lactation room is optional and a nursing mother who has a private office or access to private space may choose to use this space instead of a lactation room. However, a nursing mother who wishes to use a space other than a lactation room should consult with her supervisor in order to ensure the availability and privacy of the space.
Dedicated Lactation Rooms on Campus:
To use one of the lactation rooms, you will need to visit the specified contact area for that building to retrieve the room key. Rooms are available on a first come first serve basis for approximately 30 minutes. A YSU ID is required for faculty, staff, and students or picture ID for guests/visitors use. The ID will need to be left at the contact area until the key is returned after use. If you have questions about a specific location, you can use the lactation room contact information below.
Each room is supplied with a table, chair and has an electrical outlet. Nursing mothers may use a campus refrigerator available near their department or bring a personal cooler to store milk. Nursing mothers are responsible for providing their own pumps and storage containers.
Maag Library - Room 147 (Room access contact Circulation Desk 330-941-3678) The room is located in the lower level of Maag Library. The room will be available during normal operating hours of Maag Library. Please check the library's webpage for changes in hours of operation over breaks and holidays.
Beeghly Center - Room 200A - (Room access contact Ryan at 330-941-2242 or Joy at 330-941-2207) The room is located at the southeast entrance of Beeghly Center (across from Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center.) The room will be available during normal operating hours of Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Schedule modifications will occur over breaks. Please check the Campus Recreation website for changes in hours of operation.
Cushwa Hall - Room 2504 (Room access contact Dean’s Office of Health and Human Services at 330-941-3321) Hours room is available: 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., Monday – Friday.
- Employees are permitted to use regular break and lunch times in order to nurse or express milk. Additional reasonable breaks will be permitted as needed. It is the responsibility of the employee to coordinate the need, frequency and duration of time needed with her supervisor in a timely manner.
- Supervisors should respond in a timely manner to an employee’s request for break and lunch times. Supervisors should be flexible with an employee’s request for altering break and/or lunch times and, if possible, should allow an employee to make up any time used beyond break or lunch times.
Questions regarding the use and location of lactation rooms and reasonable breaks should be directed to the Human Resources Benefits Office (330) 941-3360 or (330) 941-1322.
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Disease Management and Maternity Programs*
- MMO Fitness Discounts*
- MMO Nurse Line*
- MMO Quit Line*
- Preventative Care Services Guidelines*
- Weight Watchers*
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Institute of Mental Health
- Alzheimer's Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Health Care Reform Information
- Healthy Ohio
- Mahoning County District Board of Health
- USDA MyPlate.gov
Tobacco Cessation Resources
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader