Our camps and conferences staff is comprised of well-trained, highly-experienced Housing & Residence Life professionals who are dedicated to ensuring our camps and conferences program runs smoothly. The Camps & Conferences Assistants serve in the residence halls as support staff for the Camps & Conferences Director, are on hand for check-in and check-out of guests and are available to serve as the first point of contact for client needs in the residence hall. They are there to serve the camp participants and are familiar with campus and can answer most questions. The Camps & Conferences Director handles the logistical needs of summer camps clients. The key role of the Director is to meet YSU’s contractual obligations for each client group, acting as the liaison for the group during the time they are in residence on campus. The Director initiates all client group communication, oversees all placement of camp groups, supervises camp operations, administers billing statements to clients and directly supervises the Camps & Conferences staff. In the event of any emergency, the Director should be notified immediately.
Let our highly-trained staff assist you in planning all stages of your camp experience by:
- Helping you find the most appropriate dates for your group
- Establishing a mutually agreeable contractual agreement and educating you on campus policies
- Communicating and coordinating your camp or conference’s specific needs with our various campus partners
- Facilitating the check-in process in such a way that your group will quickly and smoothly settle-in to enjoy their stay
- Provide on-call coverage through camps and conferences staff to assist your group with any concerns or problems
- Ensure that the check-out process is just as smooth of a process as check-in