Guest privileges are in effect during the following hours for
LIMITED VISITATION*: Sunday through Thursday 10:00am until midnight. Friday and Saturday 24 hours (Friday 10 am – Sunday 10am). Freshmen wishing to have guests spend the night Sunday through Thursday need to fill out an Overnight Pass and get it approved by a Housing Coordinator.
OPEN VISITATION**: 24 hours. Guests may not stay longer than 3 nights in a 7-day period, must be 18 years old, and must present a valid photo ID (driver’s license, military ID or college ID). It is the discretion of Housing & Residence Life staff whether a resident or guest is allowed visitation privileges. Housing & Residence Life officials reserve the right to deny any guest the right to visit the residence halls.
*LIMITED VISITATION: Applies to those residents who are new freshmen at YSU who have completed less than two full (Fall/Spring) semesters or those who are transfer students who have not completed at least two full (Fall/Spring) semesters at YSU or another college/university.
**OPEN VISITATION: Applies to those residents who meet at least one of the following criteria and can provide proof:
- 20 years of age or older
- have completed two full(Fall/Spring) semesters at YSU or another college/university
- served a year of active duty in the Armed Forces
GUESTS UNDER 18
All visitors must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have a valid photo ID to be allowed guest privileges. Exceptions to this policy are:
- Underage guests who are accompanied by their parent(s) may visit during regular guest hours
- In some circumstances, underage guests may stay overnight if an overnight pass is approved. The Housing Coordinator must be consulted in advance of the visit to secure approval of the overnight pass. Verbal parental permission is required.
- Membersof a resident’s immediate family who are not 18 may visit during regular guest hours without special permission. Residents wishing to have a brother or sister stay for an overnight or weekend should consult with their Housing Coordinator at least one week in advance to secure verbal parental permission. Handwritten notes are not accepted.