Immunizations Required to Live in University Housing
The following immunizations are required for all students applying to live in University Housing at Youngstown State University.
- T-dap: One (1) adult dose in the last 10 years
- Hepatitis B: Three (3) doses of Hepatitis B OR lab report confirming immunity
- MMR: Two (2) doses of MMR (second one must have occurred on or after first birthday) OR Two (2) doses of Measles, Two (2) doses Mumps, and One (1) dose of Rubella OR lab reporting confirming immunity for each.
- Varicella: Two (2) doses of varicella OR Lab report confirming immunity
- Polio: Four (4) doses of IPV or OPV. Only required for those students who will be younger than 18 at the start of the semester.
- Meningococcal conjugate (ACWY): One (1) dose since age 16
Providing Evidence of Immunizations
Incoming students are required to provide evidence of vaccinations through the Immunizations Portal, MedProctor, prior to attending orientation. There is no charge for this service, though you have the option to purchase a membership which will provide lifetime access to your immunization data that can be shared with others, as you designate.
Step One: Register
Visit medproctor.com and select register to start a new account. Type in your YSU student email address to get started and follow the directions to register a new account.
Step Two: Download
Fill out any required personal, medical or insurance information. Download the required forms and follow the directions provided.
Step Three: Upload
Log back in to your MedProctor account and upload a copy of your forms. Make sure your forms are complete and legible. You will receive an email confirmation once the forms have been reviewed.
Questions and Support
If you have difficulty using MedProctor, you may contact MedProctor between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. During these hours you can live chat with their support agents directly from their support site or while you are completing your student workflow. This feature is located at the bottom right of the screen on either Med+Proctor site.
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org with your issue and this will create a ticket for their support agents to take care of you.
Waivers for Immunizations
If feel you need a waiver for any required immunization because of medical or reasons of conscience you can contact Housing@ysu.edu for a waiver form and instructions on how to complete and upload the waiver.