CHAIR PERSON EVALUATION
OF FACULTY PERFORMANCE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FACULTY
- Complete Parts 1 and 2 (pages 1 – 6) of the evaluation form.
- Pages 3, 4 and 5 require you to key in data regarding your teaching, scholarship and service activities. Each page will allow approximately three paragraphs of text to be entered online. If you wish to record more data than will fit on these pages, please record the additional data in a separate document which you will insert behind the appropriate pages once you have printed out the online pages. Be sure to note “ See Attached” at the bottom of each online page for which you will be inserting additional pages.
- When you have completed Parts I and II, print the pages. (Keep in mind that, depending upon the version of Adobe Acrobat you have, you may not be able to “ save” your data. )
- Sign or initial and record the date at the bottom of each page as directed.
- Insert additional pages (if any) for teaching, scholarship and service as described in Item 3 above; be sure to include your name and signature on each attachment.
- Submit completed Parts I and II to your chairperson NO LATER THAN APRIL 15.
NOTE: After the chair person completes his/ her sections of the form, (Parts III thru VIII, pages 7, 8 and 9), Parts I thru VIII will be returned to you for your review.
- Once you have reviewed the document as returned to you by your chairperson, you will need to complete Part IX (page 10) . Please refer once again to the General Instructions to access the online form. Click on Part IX which will direct you to page 10 of the evaluation form.
- Page 10 allows you to enter your comments if you wish. Whether or not you enter any comments, Page 10 should be printed, signed and dated by you. Attach it to the other pages of the form and forward all to your chairperson.
This completes your requirements for the Chairperson Evaluation of Faculty Performance process.
The chairperson will read any optional comments you may have made, verify that you’ve signed in all the required sections and forward the evaluation to the dean. After the dean has completed his/ her section of the form (Part X ), it will be forwarded to Human Resources for further processing. The original evaluation document will be placed in your Official Personnel File. A copy will be sent to you.
Any comments you may have about the online process would be greatly appreciated. Please submit your comments to email@example.com. Thank you.