Come and experience American culture in Ohio!
- Youngstown State University is a public research university located in northeast Ohio between Cleveland, Ohio and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, offering its 12,500 student body over 150 undergraduate and graduate programs.
- YSU enjoys a strong tradition of close faculty-student interaction, rigorous academics, and unique creative and research opportunities facilitated by YSU’s seven colleges.
- YSU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association. Its 145-acre campus is vibrant, one of the nation’s most attractive and among Ohio’s safest, with a wealth of activities students can enjoy – student organizations, fitness and recreational facilities, intercollegiate athletic teams, intramural sports and appearances by world-renowned artists and researchers.
SUMMER IN AMERICA
The SIA program is designed for students who want to be immersed in American culture while learning English.
Youngstown State University
Three-week program, July 7-28, 2018
ROOM AND BOARD:
Youngstown State University dormitories and student dining.
Why YOUNGSTOWN STATE UNIVERSITY is for YOU!
- It is located in the state of Ohio, which is an important part of the heartland of America.
- Youngstown has the second largest metropolitan park in the nation and is close to world famous attractions.
- SIA program classes are taught by individuals qualified to help students learn English and discover American culture.
- Youngstown State University, founded in 1908, has one of the safest campuses in Ohio and a long history of excellence.
- SIA offers an incredible value among summer culture programs in the USA.
- Listening and Speaking
- American Culture Class and Assigned Project
Students will gain valuable cultural experience outside
the classroom through various activities. They Include:
- Niagara Falls
- Pittsburgh City Tour
- Amish Country Tour
- Trumbull County Fair
- Boardman Park Concerts
- Cleveland City Tour
- Butler Art Museum (YSU)
- Planetarium Show (YSU)
- Scrappers Baseball Game
- Lordstown General Motors Tour / WKBN TV Station
- Possible shopping mall visits: Beechwood (Cleveland),
- Grove City Mall Outlets (Pennsylvania)
TUITION and COST
Please check with your home institution or designated agent.
If you are not coming from any of our partner universities or designated agents, please email Ms. Sheila Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org for Tuition and Cost information.
The three weeks include conversational English daily.
TUITiON AND COST COVER:
- Placement Tests
- Dormitory Linens & Pillows
- Airport Pickup
- Activity Fees
- Most Meals
- Health Insurance
- Personal Toiletries
Ms. Sheila Hernandez at email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: May 1, 2018
Youngstown State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, age, religion or veteran/military status in its programs or activities. Please visit www.ysu.edu/ada-accessibility for contact information for persons designated to handle questions about this policy.