- Responsible for engineering, administration, and maintenance of YSU fiber-optic network, Ethernet network cabling, VLANs, firewalls, routing, switching, and wireless coverage.
- Establishes advanced, proactive monitoring of network connectivity and throughout to ensure stable operating environment.
- Serves as an escalation point for identification and resolution of network, wireless, and connectivity problems reported to the Tech Desk.
- Serves as the primary vendor contact to ensure compliance with applicable network maintenance contracts.
- Develops RFPs and reviews detailed bid specifications to procure network hardware, software, monitoring tools, including adequate wireless coverage.
- Plans, installs and maintains telecommunication systems, both analog & VOIP. Conducts research on emerging technologies such as soft phones, Skype, hosted solutions, etc.
- Leads and participates in contract negotiations with vendors for acquisition, ongoing maintenance and/or services related to network hardware, software and third party services.
- Network services works closely with the newly created Business and Project Management Office (PMO) to most efficiently meet the needs of YSU end-users including all students, faculty, and staff.
- Serves as liaisons to the Technical Advisory Committee of YSU IT Governance on matters of network infrastructure.
- Cellular discounts for Students & Employees
- AT&T Wi-Fi Service
- NEC IP Phone Instructions Cheat Sheet
- Recommended Cabling Contractors for University Projects*
- Network Telecom Specifications Guide for Construction Projects*
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader