- Responsible for engineering, administration, and maintenance of YSU physical and virtual servers, storage arrays, applications, backups, and data center components such as uninterruptable power supplies (UPS) and specific cooling requirements.
- Provides administration and support of campus-wide e-mail services through Microsoft Office 365.
- Establishes advanced, proactive monitoring of server and storage system resources to ensure stable and secure operating infrastructure.
- Serves as an escalation point for identification and resolution of software, hardware, and application problems reported to the Tech Desk.
- Serves as the primary vendor contact to ensure compliance with applicable systems maintenance contracts.
- Develops RFPs and reviews detailed bid specifications to procure systems hardware, software, and applications.
- Leads and participates in contract negotiations with vendors for acquisition, ongoing maintenance services related to systems hardware, software and third party services.
- Systems services works closely with the newly created Business and Project Management Office (PMO) to most efficiently meet the needs of YSU end-users including all students, faculty, and staff.
- Serves as liaisons to the Technical Advisory Committee of YSU IT Governance on matters of systems, storage, and application infrastructure.