Now Accepting Applications for the 2019-2021 YSU Student Trustee Position
Applications (see link below) are now being accepted for a student position on the YSU Board of Trustees for the 2019-2021 term. The student trustee position is one of the most important leadership roles a student can hold, as he/she will be involved in decisions related to many aspects of the University’s governance, including finances, facilities, academic and student affairs.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Undergraduate or graduate student at Youngstown State University with the intent to register for classes from fall 2019 through spring 2021, without interruption;
- Resident of the State of Ohio;
- Registered to vote in the State of Ohio;
- Completion of at least 24 semester hours at Youngstown State University;
- Currently registered as a full-time student (12 hours for undergraduate students or 9 hours for graduate students); and
- Good academic standing (3.0 GPA or better) which must be maintained during the two-year term.
Applications are also available in Student Government, upper level of Kilcawley Center, or in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Room 2071, Kilcawley Center.
Please return applications to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Room 2071, Kilcawley Center by Friday, November 30, 2018.
President, Student Government Association
- Informational sessions for potential applicants will be held on Monday, October 22, at 3:00 p.m. and Wednesday, October 24, at 5:00 p.m. in the Board of Trustees meeting room on the first floor in Tod Hall. These sessions will be hosted by the current Student Trustees, Lexi Rager and Rocco Core.
- Please contact Lexi at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rocco at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the application process or position.