The 2018-2019 new student application and continuing student form are now open!
Before You Apply
- Discuss the program with your parents/guardians. Review the College Credit Plus (CCP) online brochure. In addition to valuable program information there are also great resources to help navigate your pathway to college.
- If you have any questions about the program please see your CCP coordinator (list by county).
- Understand Eligibility, Admission & Course Placement: Review the Eligibility, Admission and Course Placement information. If you are unsure of whether or not you qualify for the YSU CCP program, please contact your school counselor to discuss other CCP options.
- Your school CCP coordinator reviews course options and high school graduation requirements with you to determine what courses to register for. If you are taking a campus or online course, the Campus Education Plan is completed at this time. Either you or your school counselor can submit this form to our office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (330-941-2446).
- Notify your school (or the state if a non-public or home-school student) of your intent to participate in CCP by April 1.
Attention Non-Public and Home School Students: Please review the state's deadlines for submitting letter of intent and funding applications prior to completing the YSU CCP application. We cannot guarantee that your application will be processed in time to meet the state's funding deadline if received after March 26, 2018.
Home School Students: Please follow the Home School Student Application Checklist and then visit the YSU CCP District Coordinator Resource page for additional tools and forms to support your student's application.
Know the Deadlines
*Please note that the deadline to submit CCP paperwork to your school counselor/CCP Coordinator at your high school is different from the YSU application deadline. Be sure to turn in all completed forms to your CCP coordinator by his/her specified due date so that you can meet our application deadline as well.
CCP Class Selection
- For CCP courses offered at the high school: You will request the high school based courses at the same time you complete the online CCP application. Before you can become registered for particular course (s) you must meet the CCP admission criteria and course placement requirements. Courses listed for your high school are accurate as of this date and are subject to change.
- For courses offered on campus or online: You will register for on campus or online courses during your mandatory orientation and advisement appointment on the YSU campus. You cannot enroll for campus or online courses without meeting with a YSU academic advisor.
Are you a New or Continuing CCP Student?
- A new student is one who never enrolled in a CCP class at YSU, even if they have applied and attended orientation previously.
- A continuing student is one who has completed or is currently enrolled in at least one CCP course with YSU.
Application Process & Enrollment Checklist
1. Submit a complete application file including the free online CCP New Student Application or Continuing Student Form
A complete application includes:
- Free online CCP application (new students) or Continuing Student Form (continuing students)
- Official High School Transcript (All new students. Continuing students if change in GPA)
- Official ACT/SAT scores (All new students. Continuing students if scores increased)
- Parent Consent/Financial Responsibility Form (All new and continuing students) - This form is signed each year by the student and parent/guardian and returned to the CCP Coordinator/School Counselor at the high school.
- Campus Education Plan (Required for all new and continuing students if taking CCP classes on-campus or online)
- Home-school students: Please refer to our website for additional requirements.
*No application will be reviewed or considered without being complete and received in the CCP office by the application deadline.
2. Submit letter of intent to CCP Coordinator at your high school by April 1.
3. Once we have received your complete application file, your application will be reviewed. You will then receive a CCP admissions decision letter by mail to your home address. PLEASE KEEP THIS LETTER – it contains very important information and instructions you need to continue through the process of enrolling in CCP at YSU.
4. Activate your YSU student account and email.Get in the habit of checking your YSU email regularly.After you receive your decision letter in the mail, we will be communicating with you only through your YSU email about important next steps!
5. Complete any required placement testing at YSU to qualify for your CCP courses
Deadline to have placement testing completed by:
All students for Summer 2018 classes: April 20, 2018
All New & Continuing CCP students for Fall 2018 and/or Spring 2019: June 29, 2018
6. All New CCP students must attend New CCP Student Orientation & Advising. Attendance is mandatory for all new students to enroll in YSU CCP classes. Available dates and registration information will be provided once accepted to CCP.
7. Continuing CCP students must complete the continuing student advisement course. Students taking on-campus or online courses must also schedule a meeting with their YSU academic advisor to register for classes. CCP campus and online students can register for summer term on Monday, April 30, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. and fall term on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
Non-Public and Home-school Students (additional steps):
1. Sign up for a SAFE account between February 15 and April 1 (Parents)
2. Submit letter of intent to the Ohio Department of Education between February 15 and April 1
3. Apply for CCP funding between February 20 and by 5:00 p.m. on April 13 (Parents)
4. Look to receive funding award notifications from the Ohio Department of Education before May 20
Please review the state's deadlines for submitting the letter of intent and funding applications prior to completing the YSU CCP application. We cannot guarantee that your application will be processed in time to meet the state's funding deadline if received after March 26, 2018.
Home-school students: Please follow the Home-school Student Application Checklist and then visit the YSU CCP District Coordinator Resource page for additional tools and forms to support your application.
NEW STUDENTS - Apply Here!
Information you will need to have:
- Student social security number (you cannot submit the application without this)
- Student personal e-mail address
- Student cell phone number
- Parent/guardian e-mail address
- Previous address information if you have lived at your current address for less than two years
- High school CCP course schedule if you plan to take classes at the high school
Ready to begin? New Student Application Guide
CONTINUING STUDENTS - Start here!
Information you will need to have:
- Your Penguin Portal (MyYSU portal) username (it's the first part of your email before the @ and found on your YSU student ID)
- Your Penguin Portal (MyYSU portal) password - can't remember your password? Reset it here.
- Your high school CCP course schedule if you plan to take classes at the high school.
Please make sure you can log into your MyYSU account before attempting to complete the Continuing Student Form. If you are unable to log on, please contact the YSU Tech Desk at 330-941-1595. They will verify your identity and help you reset your account information.
Ready to begin? Continuing Student Form Guide
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader