Save money and Jump Start your college career this summer! Take up to two classes over eight weeks for less than half of the tuition!
The PENGUIN JUMP START program allows incoming freshmen to take up to six semester hours at a significant tuition reduction. You will only be required to pay $500.00* per course (plus books, out of state fees and parking, if needed) with no additional course fees. Not only does this opportunity offer you a significant cost savings but also allows you to get a jump toward graduation.
The courses meet June 12 through August 5. The course schedule is below.
Interested? To enroll in Jump Start, you must attend SOAR (Student Orientation, Advisement, and Registration) on or before May 2.
Follow the instructions from your orientation letter to register for SOAR.
At SOAR, when you register for your fall classes, you can also register for summer. Just tell your advisor!
Summer 2017 Course Schedule
- CMST 1545: Communications Foundations, Online
- ENGL 1550: Writing I, Tuesday OR Thursday, 12:30-3:15 P.M.
- ENGL 1540: Intro to College Writing, Tuesday AND Thursday, 12:30-3:15 P.M.
- GEOG 2626: World Geography, Online
- HIST 1501: American Dreams: Intro to US Hist., Tuesday AND Thursday, 9 A.M.-12 P.M.
- MATH 2623: Survey of Mathematics, Online
- PSYC 1560: General Psychology, Monday AND Wednesday, 12:30-3:30 P.M.
Students must meet course pre-requisites (through ACT/SAT scores or placement testing) in order to register.
- CMST 1545: English ACT sub-score 18 or SAT Writing Sub Score of 25
- ENGL 1550: English ACT sub-score 18 or SAT Writing Sub Score of 25
- ENGL 1540: English ACT sub-score 16 or SAT Writing Sub Score of 21
- GEOG 2626: No course pre-requisite
- HIST 1501: No course pre-requisite
- MATH 2623: Math ACT sub-score of 18 or Math 2623 placement
- PSYC 1560: No course pre-requisite
Coming Soon! 2017 Jump Start Flyer (Printable Version)**
*Pending approval from the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
**Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader