One Class, Twice the Credit!
Welcome to College Credit Plus (CCP). Youngstown State University (YSU) is pleased that you aspire to get a head start on your college career!
Pennsylvania students are welcome to enroll in dual enrollment at YSU. Please note the "College Credit Plus" legislation for Ohio does not govern dual enrollment for Pennsylvania students. You are responsible for the cost of tuition and must select Option A (see below, Student Cost: Option A vs B) for your payment method. Please contact your school counselor to discuss how the credit earned may apply to your high school transcript.
This student handbook answers many questions. We highly recommend that you take a few minutes and explore the topics below. If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your school district's CCP coordinator or our office.
Congratulations on your choice to participate in this challenging program. We wish you the very best during the academic year!
- Courses offered at the HS
- Courses offered on Campus (YSU Undergraduate Catalog)
- YSU CCP Pathways
- YSU Academic Programs
Tuition, Student Billing, and Textbooks
- Student Cost: Option A vs Option B
- Funding for Non-Public and Home School Students
- Form 1098T
- Textbooks and Materials
Student Eligibility and Application
- Eligibility, Admission & Course Placement
- Applying to the Program
- Maintaining Eligibility
- Summer Eligibility
Academic Advising, Orientation and Registration
Being a College Student
- Academic Support
- E-tutoring, Disability Services, Maag Library, Mathematics Assistance Center (MAC), Writing Center
- Your college success begins here!
- Your study tip of the week!
- Grading scale, Getting your grades, Disputing your grade or other academic grievance
- YSU Student Code
- YSU Undergraduate Catalog
- Academic Dishonesty
YSU ID, Portal and Email
- Student ID and Email
- Self-help documents (includes accessing and setting up email (O365), the campus network and Blackboard on your electronic device)
- MyYSU Portal (aka Penguin Portal)
- Resetting your password
FAQ’s & Helpful Resources
- NEW! 18-19 CCP Brochure
- NEW! 2018-2019 CCP Calendar
- 17-18 CCP Academic Calendar
- College and Career Readiness
- College Credit Plus: Ohio Dept of Higher Education website
- College Credit Plus: Ohio Dept of Education website