Save money and Jump Start your college career this summer!
Take up to NINE credits, over eight weeks, and save up to 45% on tuition!
The PENGUIN JUMP START program allows incoming freshmen to take up to nine semester hours at a significant tuition reduction. You will only be required to pay $200.00 - $850.00* per course (plus books, out of state fees and parking, if needed) with no additional course fees. Not only does this opportunity offer you a significant cost savings but also allows you to get a jump toward graduation.
The courses meet June 11 through August 4.
How do I sign up?
- To enroll in Jump Start, you must attend orientation before the start of classes.
- Follow the instructions on the Penguin Portal to register for Orientation.
- Call Admissions at 330-941-2000 and change your admission term to SUMMER.
- At Orientation, tell your advisor you want Summer Jump Start classes.
- Talk to your Financial Aid Counselor, because summer classes may affect your financial aid.
Students must meet course pre-requisites (through ACT/SAT scores or placement testing) in order to register.
What is the cost*?
- 1 credit course = $200
- 3 credit course = $500
- 4 credit course = $650
- 5 credit course = $850
All out-of-state students pay the $30/credit Affordable Tuition Advantage surcharge.
*pending approval from the Ohio Dept. of Higher Ed. and the YSU Board of Trustees