The Youngstown State University GIS Mapping and Data Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Phelps Building on the campus of Youngstown State University, and is managed by John Bralich, Senior GIS and Data Services Manager. The GIS Mapping and Data Center provides a broad spectrum of services, including the following:
- Comprehensive analysis of property and neighborhood conditions, including vacant properties, with a focus on blight remediation efforts
- Property and infrastructure conditions surveys
- Production of GIS maps in both printed and digital display formats
- Tabulation and analysis of socioeconomic and property-based data
- Geocoding (address-matching), mapping, and analysis of address-level data
- Network analysis, such as mapping and analysis of service areas
- Production and maintenance of interactive web maps, including the Regional Property Information System (RPIS), and the city of Youngstown zoning map
- Printing and display mounting services (GIS documents)
The center also provides Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) site analysis. CPTED is a natural approach to crime prevention and places most of its emphasis on human activities and how they become exposed to crime and loss. The principles of CPTED seek to reduce the occurrence of criminal activity through the design of the built environment, and range from small-scale implementation such the placement of benches and landscaping to large-scale housing developments and schools. The four principles of CPTED are Natural Surveillance, Natural Access Control, Territorial Reinforcement, and Maintenance. According to the National Institute of Crime Prevention, CPTED is an effective way to fight crime and promote businesses, and is ideal for law enforcement officers, city planners and officials, architects, security consultants, educators, or anyone involved in designing neighborhoods, schools, downtowns, buildings, or revitalization efforts.
All GIS mapping and data services are provided on a fee-for-service or contract basis. To initiate a GIS mapping and/or data inquiry, including printing and census data inquiries, please contact John Bralich, Senior GIS and Data Services Manager, at (330) 941-2302 or email@example.com.
GIS Pricing Policies FY2016-17*
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
City of Youngstown Zoning Map
City of Youngstown Redevelopment Code
The city of Youngstown recently completed the Youngstown Redevelopment Code project. The Redevelopment Code has been adopted and is now referred to as the zoning code. Please refer to the city of Youngstown Department of Planning and Zoning for forms and regulations.
*Redevelopment Code (Zoning) Disclaimer
The zoning information contained in this data layer is from the City of Youngstown, Planning Department and is believed to be accurate as of April 2013. The City of Youngstown, Planning Department maintains the official zoning map and the data contained in this layer is for informational purposes only. All zoning must be verified by the City of Youngstown, Planning Department.