Replacement diplomas may be ordered if the student's original diploma has been lost or damaged; a name change has occurred; or if a diploma needs to be apostilled.
- The cost of each Associate/Baccalaureate/Master’s replacement diploma is $40 and the cost of each Doctorate replacement diploma is $100.
- Replacement diplomas are printed using the name YSU currently has on record. If you are requesting a name other than the one we have on file, you must submit a Change of Information form and provide legal documentation of the name change with your Replacement Diploma Request order. In addition, your name will be changed on all university records.
- Replacement diplomas will bear the signatures of current University officials.
- Diplomas are not printed on site. Allow 3-4 weeks for replacement diploma processing, printing, and mailing. During periods of high volume or during printer vendor changes replacement diploma processing time may be longer.
*** Replacement Diplomas ordered after November 1, 2018 may have a processing time of up to 6 weeks.***
To Order a Replacement Diploma:
- Complete the replacement diploma request form*.
- If requesting a name change on your replacement diploma complete a Change of Information form* and make a copy of the appropriate legal documentation.
- Submit the replacement diploma request form via fax (330-941-1408) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). If requesting a different name than the one YSU has on file also submit your Change of Information form and documentation with your order. You can also submit the form(s) in-person at the Penguin Service Center in Meshel Hall, 2nd floor during their regular business hours.
- Once we receive your request and the degree information you provided has been verified, the Records Office will email you the authorization to pay link at the email address you provided on the form.
- Follow the instructions in the e-mail and use the link in the e-mail to pay for your replacement diploma.
- Once your payment has been received your replacement diploma request will be completed in 3-4 weeks.
Delivery of Replacement Diploma:
- On the request form you can choose to pick-up your replacement diploma in person at the Penguin Service Center (with a photo ID) or have it mailed USPS 1st Class Package Service (this includes tracking and insurance). Diplomas can be mailed outside of the US but delivery time is dependent on the country's local mail carrier.
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader