Your access to roster information and final grade submission is available 24/7 via the MyYSU portal. The MyYSU Portal Banner Self-Service option will display real-time class roster information and enable the submission of final grades online during the designated timeframes of the term. Once grade reports and academic history have been processed (usually the Tuesday following finals week), all grade changes must be submitted via the paper grade change form and sent to the Records Office.
To see your roster, direct your web browser to https://my.ysu.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
1. Enter your directory account ID, i.e. username, and password (Same as your e-mail)
2. Click Login
3. Click Banner Self Service under e-Services for Faculty and Staff
4. Click Faculty and Advisors under the Main Menu or the grey Faculty Services tab above the menu.
5. Click Term Selection
- It is very important to select the appropriate term before completing any other processes. The term selected will be used for all term-related pages you select to view unless you select another term.
6. Select the desired term; click Submit
7. Display assigned course(s); click CRN Selection
8. Select course (CRN); click Submit
- The CRN List displays the course(s) that the faculty member has been assigned to teach.
- The main menu redisplays after the course has been selected.
- The main menu also redisplays after each selected term, course, etc.
9. To view a class roster, click either Summary Class List (Roster) or Detail Class List (Detailed Roster).
- The Summary Class List displays course and enrollment information as well as basic information about the students enrolled—including the e-mail link for each student and the entire class. This link works with your desktop e-mail client (i.e., Outlook, AOL, etc.).
- The Detailed Class List, or Detailed Roster, can be viewed and accessed through the Faculty services menu or the Detail Class List link under the Summary Class List display, as shown.
10. To submit final grades, click Final Grades from the main menu or the Detailed Class List, or Detailed Roster. Then select from the drop-down menu, the appropriate grade for each student; click Submit.
- Final grades are due 48 hours after the exam.
- Also, not submitting final grades according to the deadlines can cause many students delays in graduating, receiving financial aid, etc.
- There is a three-hour (180 minutes) inactivity time. If you do not submit (save) your grades within that timeframe, the data that you entered will be lost.
- You can continue to submit/resubmit grades throughout the designated timeframe for processing grades each term. Once grade reports and academic history have been processed (usually the Tuesday following finals week), all grade changes must be submitted via the paper grade change form and sent to the Records Office.
- The grade of NG is used for lab courses.
If you are the primary instructor for a course and cannot access the final grades list to submit your grades, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (330) 941-2217. For MyYSU Portal technical assistance, including resetting your password, please contact the Tech Desk at (330) 941-1595.