The Registrar’s Office at Youngstown State University will not issue Rush or Overnight Transcript requests from
Wednesday, December 23, 2015, through Friday, January 1, 2016.
Please order your Rush or Overnight transcripts on or before Tuesday, December 22, 2015.
Normal Rush and Overnight Transcript processing will resume on Monday, January 4, 2016.
General Notations About Official Transcripts:
- After official transcripts are processed, they cannot be faxed.
- Official transcripts cannot be released if a financial or administrative hold exists. You may call the Record's office at 330-941-3182 to check for holds on your account.
- Rush services may require 24-hour turnaround time if the online record has been archived.
$6 for each transcript mailed within the U.S., additional fees apply to transcripts sent internationally.
- Current and former students, as well as alumni, can request an official transcript for academic work completed at Youngstown State University. Please be aware that only the student may request an official transcript. An official transcript will only verify YSU courses completed. NOTE: There is an option to order a transcript to be "held for current term grades to be posted" or "held for current term degrees to be posted". Requests for transcripts of courses taken at other institutions should be directed to those institutions. Please allow extra processing time during holidays and graduation.
- Current and former students can order transcripts online via: YSU Transcript Ordering
Rush Transcripts to Be Picked Up:
Please Note: Rush transcripts cannot be processed on dates the university is closed. Please refer to the academic calendar for a listing of these dates.
Fee – $12 each.
- Rush transcripts can only be given to the student, unless a third-party presents a signed request from the student which includes the student's name, ID number, the student's contact phone number, and the third party's name.
- Rush transcripts are available between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Requests made after 4 p.m. will be available the next business day. If it has been 25 years since you attended YSU, please call (330) 941-3182 prior to coming to campus, as your record could be offline or archived, and these requests take longer to process.
- To request a rush transcript by paying with cash, the student must personally go to the Student One Stop in Meshel Hall, complete a transcript request form, take the completed form to the Office of the University Bursar (Meshel Hall, Payment Window) pay the required fee, and finally bring the completed request form and the receipt from the Office of the University Bursar to the Records Office (Jones Hall, Room 1013). Records staff will prepare the transcript for the student at that time.
- To request a rush transcript by paying with credit card or electronic check, the student must go to the Records Office, Jones Hall, to complete a transcript request form and pay using the online Registrar's Store.
Overnight Mailing of Transcripts:
Please Note: Overnight transcripts cannot be processed on dates the university is closed. Please refer to the academic calendar for a listing of these dates.
Fee – $35 each.
Requests must be received by 10 a.m. (Eastern Time) to be processed and sent on that same business day to a street address (UPS will NOT deliver to a post office box; therefore, a street address must be provided).
Requests made after 10 a.m. will be processed and mailed the following business day.
If it has been 25 years since you attended YSU, please call 330-941-3182 as your record could be offline or archived and take longer to process.
- Current and former students can order overnight transcripts online via: YSU Transcript Ordering
- An official transcript will be sent via UPS NEXT BUSINESS DAY SERVICE upon receipt of an Overnight Transcript request before 10 a.m.