Online CITI training for Responsible Conduct of Research is required for all YSU researchers applying and receiving funding from the National Science Foundation, including faculty, staff, and students. The required modules, listed below, must be completed with an average score of 80% before submitting your proposal.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Course Introduction (ID: 1522)
- Research Misconduct (RCR-Physical Sciences) (ID: 1496)
- Data Management (RCR-Physical Sciences) (ID: 1524)
- Authorship (RCR-Physical Sciences) (ID: 1527)
- Peer Review (RCR-Physical Sciences) (ID: 1528)
- Mentoring (RCR-Interdisciplinary) (ID: 1250)
- Using Animal Subjects in Research (RCR-Interdisciplinary) (ID: 13301)
- Conflicts of Interest (RCR-Physical Sciences) (ID: 1623)
- Collaborative Research (RCR-Physical Sciences) (ID: 1514)
- Research Involving Human Subjects (RCR-Interdisciplinary) (ID: 13566)
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Course Conclusion
Institutionally, RCR training is also required by faculty researchers (PIs) before their funded grant account is activated, and by students before their hiring paperwork is processed (Effective Fall 2014). All new full-time faculty members are required to complete CITI RCR training within their first year at YSU (Implemented Fall 2014). Additionally, all thesis students and their faculty advisors are required to complete CITI RCR training (Implemented Fall 2014).
Process for Registering and Completing RCR Training
- Navigate to the CITI website and Create an Account
- Under “Select Organization Affiliation,” enter “Youngstown State University” and Continue to Step 2
- Provide registration information requested through Step 5
- In Step 5, select “No” when asked for “Interested in CE” credits
- Make a selection in survey selection at the bottom of Step 5
- Complete information in Step 6
- In Step 7, a list of all courses available to YSU will be displayed
- Scroll down to Question 2 (required selection), and choose “Not at this time”
- Scroll down to Question 4, “Responsible Conduct of Research”
- Select the course most applicable to your type of research
- Scroll down to Question 6 (required selection), and choose “Not at this time”
- Select “Complete Registration”
- Select Finalize Registration
This completes the registration process. You may log out at this time and come back later or continue with the modules. It is not necessary to complete it all at one time, you can log back in with the user name and password you chose in the registration process.
To begin the modules:
- Login with your username and password
- The Main Menu page will display the selections you made during registration
- Select the option you have chosen and the list of modules will be displayed
- To begin, select the Integrity Assurance Statement; you must agree to the conditions before you can begin the training modules
- Work your way through the modules. When completed, save a PDF copy for your records.
- You can add other modules that may be required by your research by selecting “Add a course or update learner groups” from the main menu. The list of all courses available to YSU will be displayed and you can select any applicable courses.