This Application requires one to three references. Please email the link below to your references.
Purpose: The Multicultural Student Services Leadership Award recognizes two minority students who have achieved academic success and demonstrated effective leadership in promoting cultural awareness to the campus and community.
- Currently enrolled Multicultural student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher and good disciplinary standing for the previous two years
- Evidence of leadership in community and/or campus cultural awareness events
- One to three references (one of which must be YSU faculty or administrative staff).
Selection: Up to two candidates will be chosen by the Student Awards Committee and a representative of Multicultural Student Services based upon the completed application, input from references and feedback on interview.
- How did you demonstrate leadership and promote cultural awareness?
- Please make a list providing a date (month/year), a description of the activity/event, and how it demonstrated leadership and promoted cultural awareness.
PAST MULTICULTURAL STUDENT SERVICES RECIPIENTS
2018 Catherine Cooper
2017 Abdullah Khalil
2016 Quincy Carrier
2015 Julian Harris
2014 Antoine Watkins
2013 Jacob Vaughns
2012 Cary Dabney
2010 Jeremy McGhee
2009 Montaja Simmions
2008 Dominique Price
2008 Carrington Moore
2007 Lamar Sykes
2007 Wilson Okello
2007 Michael Dinh
2006 Kristin Banks
2001 Latya Nicole Reed