Most Promising New Campus Organization
Purpose: Recognizes a newly registered student organization exhibiting initiative in organizational development and strong potential to contribute to the quality of life as a recognized student organization at Youngstown State University. Established a positive presence within the University and/or in the surrounding community. Collaborated with other student organizations and/or University departments.
This award is given to an organization registered during the 2016-17 academic year that displays outstanding effort based on the following criteria:
- Contribution to the overall YSU community (i.e., students, staff, faculty, programs)
- Contribution to the community through service projects
- Contribution to the development of its members
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization's purpose and those served by it
- Communication with related YSU departments and other student organizations
Selection: The Nova Award will be awarded by the Student Awards Committee based upon application materials submitted.
- What has this organization done to positively impact student life on campus this year?
- Why does this organization deserve the New Student Organization of the Year award?
- Please describe some specific examples of the successes and challenges this organization has experienced since its founding.
PAST NOVA RECIPIENTS
- 2018 Barbershop Chorus of YSU
- 2017 Pi Sigma Alpha
- 2016 Pi Sigma Epsilon
- 2015 YSUscape
- 2014 Minority Education Association
- 2013 Youngstown State Famine