Purpose: Recognizes a newly registered student organization exhibiting initiative in organizational development and strong potential to contribute to the quality of life as a recognized student organization at Youngstown State University. Established a positive presence within the University and/or in the surrounding community. Collaborated with other student organizations and/or University departments.
This award is given to an organization registered during the 2015-16 academic year that displays outstanding effort based on the following criteria:
1) Contribution to the overall YSU community (i.e., students, staff, faculty, programs)
2) Contribution to the community through service projects
3) Contribution to the development of its members
4) Demonstrated commitment to the organization's purpose and those served by it
5) Communication with related YSU departments and other student organizations
Selection: The Nova Award will be awarded by the Student Awards Committee based upon application materials submitted.