Purpose: Recognizes a newly registered student organization exhibiting initiative in organizational development and strong potential to contribute to the quality of life as a recognized student organization at Youngstown State University. Established a positive presence within the University and/or in the surrounding community. Collaborated with other student organizations and/or University departments.
This award is given to an organization registered during the 2017-18 academic year that displays outstanding effort based on the following criteria:
- Contribution to the overall YSU community (i.e., students, staff, faculty, programs)
- Contribution to the community through service projects
- Contribution to the development of its members
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization's purpose and those served by it
- Communication with related YSU departments and other student organizations
Selection: The Nova Award will be awarded by the Student Awards Committee based upon application materials submitted.