For Outstanding YSU Student Organization
Purpose: The Orion Award recognizes an exceptional student organization for its outstanding leadership and service to the university community during the current academic year.
- Nominees must be currently registered YSU student organizations.
- Nominees will have demonstrated success in the accomplishment of their goals and objectives.
- Nominees will have an outstanding record of service to and inclusion of the university community.
Selection: The Student Awards Committee selects the student organization to be awarded the Orion Award from the applications and materials submitted.
- What contribution to the university community has this organization made through its programs and activities during the past year?
- How has the organization encouraged diverse groups to participate in their activities?
- Describe the key characteristics that make this organization outstanding. Support the characteristics with actual examples.
- Provide a portfolio (collection of representative materials and information) of the organization’s accomplishments for this academic year.
PAST ORION RECIPIENTS
- 2018 Guinathon
- 2017 Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- 2016 YSUscape
- 2015 Urban Gaming Club
- 2014 YSUnity
- 2013 YSU Pharmacy Association
- 2012 BSW Student Social Work Association
- 2011 Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority
- 2010 Student African American Brotherhood
- 2009 Student Organization for Respiratory Care
- 2008 African Student Union
- 2007 Student Recreation Advisory Committee
- 2006 Student Recreation Advisory Committee
- 2005 Youngstown Student Education Association
- 2004 Youngstown Environmental Studies Society
- 2003 Executive Council
- 2002 Student Programming Board
- 2002 Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- 2001 Sigma Tau Gamma
- 2000 The Centurians
- 2000 Kappa Delta Pi
- 1999 Sigma Alpha Epsilon