ABOUT PENGUIN PRODUCTIONS
Penguin Productions is seeking students who:
- Have a passion to improve student life on campus and the Youngstown community.
- Demonstrate creativity and commitment to an organization.
- Desire programming experience and growth opportunities.
- Collaborate, contribute, and communicate well in a team setting.
- Are interested in careers related to student affairs, event planning, or the live entertainment industry.
We are looking for students majoring or interested in:
Music Industry, Event Management, Music Recording, Photography, Videography, Graphic Design, Journalism, Professional Writing and Editing, Communication Studies, Telecommunications, Hospitality Management, Human Resource Management, Advertising, Public Relations, Nonprofit Leadership, Student Affairs, Marketing, Business Administration, Management, Finance, Information Technology, Computer Science, AND MORE!
General objective of the organization:
Penguin Productions was established on the campus of Youngstown State University to create, promote, organize, and produce student and community-orientated events. Past Penguin Productions events include Federal Frenzy, Fall Fire Fest, Live on Lincoln, Life in Color, and collaborative productions with JAC Live and Covelli Centre. Previous national acts include Judah & the Lion, Migos, Zac Brown Band, Smallpools, Reel Big Fish, Zella Day, Ludacris, Jerreau, Josh Kelley, Third Eye Blind, Florida Georgia Line, Goo Goo Dolls, Wiz Khalifa, Andy Grammer, and Red Wanting Blue.
Penguin Productions Student Programming Board
Position Title: Penguin Productions Member
Length of Position: Fall 2018-Spring 2019
Hours: 5 hours per week (additional hours will be required leading up to events and on the days of events)
Must be a current YSU student in good academic standing
This is an unpaid volunteer position
- Assist collaboratively in the development, implementation, evaluation, and assessment of campus-wide events including: Fall Fire Fest, Federal Frenzy, and Concert Series.
- Attend mandatory weekly Penguin Productions meetings every Wednesday from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Attend mandatory weekly Penguin Productions team meetings (Activities, Talent, Marketing, Hospitality, Outreach, Operations, or Business).
- Read and respond to weekly Penguin Productions emails and discussions.
- Actively assist in the event organization, logistics, staffing, volunteer recruitment, supervision, sponsorship, marketing, promotion, and evaluation.
All applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 18, 2018. Please direct any questions to Carolyn Jesko, Assistant Director for Programming, Student Activities at 330-941-3575 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants invited to interview will be asked to provide a resume and cover letter at the time of their interview. Interviews will begin on Monday, May 21, 2018 and continue through Friday, June 1, 2018.