Are you interested in:
- Determining what events happen at YSU?
- Improving student life on campus?
- Gaining valuable programming experience in higher education?
- Developing leadership and communication skills?
- Meeting new people and networking throughout the campus and community?
Apply to be on the Pete's Planners Programming Board to plan Welcome Week, Homecoming Week, Welcome Back Week, YSU Serves Week, and more! This year, Welcome Back Week takes place from January 14, 2019 - January 18, 2019 and YSU Serves Week takes place from March 25, 2019 - March 30, 2019.
Pete's Planners Programming Board
Position Title: Pete's Planners Member
Length of Position: Fall 2018-Spring 2019
Hours: 5 hours per week (additional hours will be required leading up to theme weeks and on the days of programs)
This is an unpaid volunteer position
- Assist collaboratively in the development, implementation, evaluation, and assessment of campus-wide programs and theme weeks including: Welcome Week, Homecoming Week, Penguin Nights, Welcome Back Week, YSU Serves Week.
- Attend weekly meetings (day and time TBD)
- Read and respond to weekly emails and discussions.
- Actively assist in the program organization, logistics, staffing, volunteer recruitment, supervision, sponsorship, marketing, promotion, and evaluation.
- Must be a current YSU student in good academic standing.
All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 4, 2018.
Applicants will be invited to interview with a small group consisting of Student Activities Staff (including the Assistant Director for Programming) and current Pete's Planners members upon review of applications. Applicants invited to interview will be asked to provide a resume and cover letter at the time of their interview. Interviews will begin on Monday, November 5, 2018 and continue through Friday, November 9, 2018.
Please direct any questions to Carolyn Jesko, Assistant Director for Programming, Student Activities at 330-941-3575 or email@example.com.