For Student Employee of the Year
Over the years student employees have made valuable contributions to the YSU workforce. Often these employees manage full-time academic schedules and participate in campus activities in addition to working part-time. The commitment these students make in balancing the responsibilities of work and school deserves special acknowledgement.
Purpose: This award recognizes student employees who have made outstanding contributions to their employers. If you have a student employee whom you feel is worthy of special recognition, we encourage you to nominate him or her.
- The student you nominate should have worked for you a period of at least one semester, and be a full-time, undergraduate student at YSU.
- Demonstrated skills and commitment that go above and beyond expectations
- Demonstrated growth or competency in the following areas:
- Uniqueness of Contribution
- Quality of Work-Professionalism
- Community and Campus Service
Selection: The Sirius Award will be awarded by the Student Awards Committee based on the evaluation by the employer as indicated on the nomination form.
- Why is this student deserving of this recognition?
- In what ways has this student gone above and beyond your expectations?
- Please identify one or two of these qualities (Reliability, Initiative, Uniqueness of Contribution, Adaptability, Quality of Work, Professionalism, Community and Campus Service, and Disposition/Attitude) and describe how this student has demonstrated growth or competency in these areas.
PAST SIRIUS RECIPIENTS
- 2018 Joseph Sebest
- 2017 Tyler-Alexis MacDonald
- 2016 Ali Morris
- 2015 Hope Bobonik
- 2014 Eric Filicky
- 2014 William Macomber
- 2013 Matthew Benton