Over the years student employees have made valuable contributions to the YSU workforce. Often these employees manage full-time academic schedules and participate in campus activities in addition to working part-time. The commitment these students make in balancing the responsibilities of work and school deserves special acknowledgement.
Purpose: This award recognizes student employees who have made outstanding contributions to their employers. If you have a student employee whom you feel is worthy of special recognition, we encourage you to nominate him or her.
- The student you nominate should have worked for you a period of at least one semester, and be a full-time, undergraduate student at YSU.
- Demonstrated skills and commitment that go above and beyond expectations
- Demonstrated growth or competency in the following areas:
- Uniqueness of Contribution
- Quality of Work
- Community and Campus Service
Selection: The Sirius Award will be awarded by the Student Awards Committee based on the evaluation by the employer as indicated on the nomination form.