The ACT Residual is an on-campus or "residual" testing program that is available to students who were unable to test on a national test date. ACT Residual Testing is strictly limited only to students who have enrolled, have been admitted, or have officially applied to YSU. Scores from Residual Testing are reported only to YSU for admission, course placement, and advising purposes.
ACT Residual Fee
- 2017-2018 ACT Residual Fee is $55.00
Scheduling the ACT Residual Test
YSU applicants may click on the following link:
- Scores from Residual Testing are valid only at YSU and cannot be transferred by transcript or other means to any other institution or agency.
- Scores from Residual Testing are reported only to YSU.
- No Student Reports and no High School Reports are generated.
- No Additional Score Reports will be generated to report scores to any other institution.
- Residual Testing is not a practice test.
- The Comprehensive Testing Center cannot provide Residual Testing to individuals who do not intend to attend YSU.
- ACT Residual Testing is restricted to on-campus administrations.
- A minimum of 60 days must elapse before another Residual Test may be taken.
- Scores achieved before the minimum elapsed time will be canceled without refund.
- ACT restricts the number of times a student may take the ACT to 12 times total.
- Residual Testing does count toward that maximum.
- Scores that exceed the maximum will be canceled without refund.